Hi @lisalale and anyone else who comes across this thread as I did, I too had this problem recently, interestingly it began occurring almost exactly a week after a planned NBN outage in my area. On the second day after experiencing the problem I rang TPG Support and they stepped me through the usual troubleshooting steps e.g. PINGs, trace routes etc. before they decided to escalate the issue. The next day things had improved noticeably but it now seemed as though every attempt to perform a DNS query was unsuccessful the first time, although I wasn’t able to reproduce this using nslookup during my brief attempt to do so and only browsers and other apps seemed to be affected, and a subsequent attempt would succeed. After returning TPG Support’s attempt to contact me, they requested as @david64 suggested, that I override the DNS server settings assigned automatically by TPG via DHCP with the two Google DNS servers as the primary (126.96.36.199) and secondary (188.8.131.52) and reboot my router, which I don’t think was necessary but I did it anyway. This seemed to fix the problem. I enquired as to why TPG’s own DNS servers weren’t responding reliably suddenly and I was just told it can happen. I’m going to try restoring my router’s settings to obtain the DNS server settings via DHCP after using the Google ones for a while to see if the issue with TPG’s DNS servers has been resolved but for now I’m just happy things are working reliably again and the problem wasn’t anything to do with my equipment.
... View more