TPG Community

Get online support

11 Days until service actually works

russellg
Level 2

Over a month ago I called TPG to advise I was moving home. I told them the date I wanted the new service working was the 7th of December. I asked many times if the date needed to be earlier then that to guarantee service and I was told no, if that was the date I wanted the service to work, that was the day it would work.

Well of course, it did not work on the 7th. I was told that since the service was not working they would need to monitor the line with Telstra and see what the issue is. Long story short, I was told I would get a call on the 12th from a technician to organise a time to come to my address to perform MDF Jumpering. By the end of the 12th I still had not received a call so I informed the TPG Forum Team (who monitor the whirlpool.net.au forum) who emailed me this morning asking if I was available on the 18th of December!

I called the call centre and explained this was unacceptable, but the best they said they could do was move it slightly forward to the 17th between 12 and 5pm.

I find it very frustrating and infuriating that:

- When I asked if I needed to initiate the connection date earlier in case there were any issues, I was told no, when in reality if I had started this process a week or two ahead of time I __might__ have had ADSL2 on the day I requested.

- I get promised phone calls to organise appointments and be given updates on situations that happens 50% of the time and in the end I am the one who has to keep calling to keep things moving.

- I am having to spend money on expensive mobile broadband because my profession requires me to be online and use a steady stream of data.

I understand there is limited technicians and that they are busy but this whole situation could have been avoided if I had been told the truth from the beginning and instead of stalling had just sent a technician out in the first place.

Very upset considering that I had my previous account for four years and never missed a bill and now I have to go through with this poor expierience that is no fault of my own.

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @russellg,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you and we will review your previous interaction with our staff as part of our ongoing effort to provide the best possible customer service.

We're also sorry for the lack of contact received from our Engineering Team and will make sure that from here on you will be updated in a timely manner regarding the status of the case.

We know how this can be frustrating and we know how inconvenient to pay for a service that you are not getting, thus we will advise the case engineer to assess a billing adjustment as soon as the issue is resolved.

With regard to the technician visit schedule, we will check if we can have it rescheduled tomorrow and will have the case engineer contact you before 5PM to further discuss the matter.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via private message. Thank you.