TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL+2 Installation - Connection Issue

Joanne
Level 3
Hi - I got an email today saying the installation is complete. Setup the modem per details provided and it didn’t work. Also gone through the troubleshooting per your website still no luck. Doesn’t look like there is a connection.

Also got a call from TPG yesterday saying a technician need to come to fix the connection and they will schedule an appointment but strangely I got an email today saying installation completed! Please can you have a look?
6 REPLIES 6
Riezl

Hi @Joanne,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details and we can see that an automated email has been sent stating that the service is now active.

The service has been installed and activated, but an additional work needs to be done.

As you may be aware, we will deliver your service to the network boundary point of your Premises. This network boundary point is either:

• Your first telephone socket - this applies mainly for standalone premises like a house
  • The Main Distribution Frame (MDF). This is a small telecommunications room within your premises. This applies mainly for apartments, office blocks or larger business premises. In some cases, you may need to contact your building management to arrange access to it. You should not rely on our contractors to have a key to this room
  • A network termination device which is a Telstra box externally mounted a single dwelling

For customers who live in a multi user dwelling, it is likely that once the service is installed that another technician will be required to jumper your service. TPG is responsible to deliver the service to the first side of the MDF (the 'A' side). Any wiring that is missing to connect to the other side of the MDF (the 'B' side) and into the building is customer's responsibility and requires a technician.

We can see that our Engineering Team has been in touch and discussed this matter.

No technician schedule provided yet, but the case engineer will update you via SMS or a phone call as soon as this information becomes available.

Should you have further queries, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

Joanne
Level 3
Hi - okay great but can you please let me know when I will be contacted to arrange for an appointment? I haven’t heard anything since speaking to one of your colleagues last week. Looking forward to resolving this. Thanks
Shane

Thanks for getting back to us, Joanne. I will make follow up on this and requests for a callback tomorrow. I'd like to know if you have preferred time.

Regards,

Joanne
Level 3
Hi Shane - preferably in the morning this week between 7 - 10am if possible. Thanks
Erika

Hi @Joanne

I've notified our Engineering team regarding your preferred contact time. 

They'll also be sending you SMS as well for updates once available. 

Cheers, 

Erika

Hi @Joanne

I understand that one of our Engineers has been in touch. They've now arranged for a TPG technician to do the jumpering tomorrow, June 20 between 8:00am - 12:00pm. 

Our engineers will continue to contact you for updates. 

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.