TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL sync speed reduced after rain. Think it's a line fault

Ikw
Level 2
Level 2

I am a TPG ADSL 2+ customer..

Two days ago with the start of the rain, my ADSL connection has gone from 12 Mbps to 1Mbps... Can I please get some assistance from a rep please.

I have done a line check, can hear a dial tone and there does not appear to be noise on the line that I can hear..

(I've done the normal troubleshooting tasks like rebooting router and modem etc)

I have had numerous line faults diagnosed and fixed in the last five years. It's extremely disapointing to think there may be another.

3 REPLIES 3
Erika

Hi @Ikw,

Welcome to the Community!

We definitely want to get this resolved for you.

Ive searched for your account using your Community details and was able to find a match.

Just ran a remote line test and this currently shows no physical issue on the line.

But I do still recommend that we have one of our technicians give you a call to resolve your issue as your service may be affected by other factors.

Please let us know your best time and contact number via PM so I can get a technician to call you.

For your reference, please view this link on How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Cheers! 

Erika

Hi @Ikw

Thanks for sending your details. via Private Message. 

I've now arranged a call from one of our technicians today between 5:30pm - 6:30pm AEST. 

We will be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates where possible.

Cheers! 

Erika

Hi @Ikw

I can see that one of our technicians has been in touch yesterday and has escalated this case to our Engineering team. 

Our Engineering team has arranged for a TPG Field technician to be sent out tomorrow, 7 September between 8am - 12pm and access to your premises is needed. 

If this schedule is not suitable, please let us know for us to rearrange this with our Engineering team. 

Our Engineers will continue to update you via SMS or phone call should additional updates becomes available. 

Should you need our further assistance, please let us know by bumping up this thread. 

Cheers,