TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ connection dropouts and huge speed drop

toddt1985
Level 2

Hi there, 

I connected a new TPG ADSL2+ service in my apartment in Hawthorn, Victoria approx. 3 months ago. Up until late June 2018, everything was fine, and I was regularly getting decent speeds of 13-14Mbps (I live just over 1km from the exchange) and no dropouts.

However, around that time, I decided to finally get a home phone.

Ever since I plugged in a splitter and connected both the modem/router and phone to the line, I have noticed that:-

1. The DSL and internet connections on my modem/router constantly drop out; 

2. The internet speeds have dropped severely to around 4-5Mbps;

3. The phone line/connection sounds very distorted when I go to make a call (it is a cordless phone though). 

I have tried unplugging the phone and splitter and just connecting the modem/router back directly into the line and the same problems keeps happening! I'm at my wits end!! I've spent hours rebooting, reconnecting, plugging, unplugging and nothing has made any difference. I don't know what to do now. Smiley Sad

Are you guys able to check my connection to see if you can figure out what's going on? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Erika

Hi @toddt1985

Welcome to TPG Community! 

I've located your account using your Community details and has completed a line test. 

Currently, our initial tests does not show a physical line fault. I would recommend to have one of our technicians reach you to carry out further checks to isolate this case. 

Please PM us your best contact time and number and we'll arrange this for you. 

For your reference, please see this link on how to send a PM

Cheers,