TPG Community

Get online support

Constant session dropouts

Russell73
Level 2
Getting constant dropouts every hour becoming very frustrating. Took time off work to have a tech come out he identified the dropouts coming in on the line from the box outside and still nothing has been done. After numerous phone calls all support has done is cut my sync rate 30% so now it still drops out and it incredibly slow. Someone please fix this!
7 REPLIES 7
Riezl

Hi @Russell73 ,

We have located the account using your community details and we can see that the issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team.

We have checked the status of your connection and it looks stable for more than 5 hours now, but we'd like to make sure that this will last. We can see that the case engineer sent an email for the additional tests and they are currently waiting for your reply.

Once the additional test result is received, you will be contacted by the case engineer to discuss the outcome of the investigation.

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.

Russell73
Level 2
Ok thanks ...we have done the additional testing re tracert and pings..however all this is useless when you don't have a session up. How far do you think a trace goes without a session....answer is 1m to the router.
Their next suggestion is to try a test account to see if the problem is the same.
Riezl

Hi @Russell73, the connection shows stable for more than 23 hours using the test account.

Further updates regarding the progression of the case will be provided by the case engineer as soon as it becomes available.

We have also made a follow up. Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

Russell73
Level 2
23 hours ????
I only set it up 12 hours before your post...and the session has dropped multiple times during this period. I suggest you're looking at the wrong information.
Riezl

Oh Apologies, @Russell73.

We'll check this with our Engineering Team and will also forward your message.

The case engineer will contact you to further discuss the case.

Russell73
Level 2
Well more than a month has passed and nothing has been done to fix the problem. 70+ Dropouts in 5 days...the internet service is pathetic and the customer service is pathetic....and I being charged for all this. When is someone with experience going to look into this?
BasilDV

Hi @Russell73,

We're sorry if it's taking quite some time to resolve the issue that you've raised with us. It is quite complex as our Engineers was not able to detect any fault within the copper wires, however, dropout is still evident.

This was raised to our Access Engineers and your case manager will be in touch once an update is available.

Thank you for your patience.

BasilDV