Installation Status

matthewhuynh94
Level 3

Hi,

It has been over 10 day's now since I paid & signed up for TPG's ADSL2 plan. I have been getting the run-around every time I call up, empty promises e.g. "You will hear back from us within 24-48 hours". The installation status-check online is absolutely useless, all it says is that my installation is in progress with no time-frame shown. I have not receieved any emails since the date I've signed up in regards to this installation. Where is the support??

I've spoken to "Jessie" from the Phillipines

Call Ref: 78511009

Caller ID: (02) 9850 0800

She told me I would get an email confirmation and status update on the 25/03/2020 & she "will personally keep me updated", I haven't received or heard anything.

4 REPLIES 4
imogenhansen
Level 2
I’m in the exact same position except I purchased my internet on the 3/3/20. Waited over 20 business days now.
Riezl

We are sorry to know that you are having issues with the installation and we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you, matthewhuynh94.

TPG is a prepaid service; your initial payment is comprised of an installation fee and your 1st month fee.

The initial billing cycle commences when your install is complete.

By operating this way we are able to keep costs down to continue offering the best value deals possible to our customers.

The installation process begins as soon as we receive these specified funds from the customer.

The installation process generally takes less than 10 business days but can take longer in some cases.

In your case, we can see that this has been escalated to our Provisioning Team and the case manager has been in touch.

It appears that NBN is not yet available in your area, thus we are working on providing you with ADSL service.

Our Provisioning Team is closely monitoring this and the case manager will contact you for any additional update.

You will also receive an update via email once the installation date has been confirmed.

Let us know should you have further queries.

matthewhuynh94
Level 3

Hi Riezl,

Thankyou for your response.

Who is my case manager / provision team? Am I able to contact him / her for updates?

yevonong1
Level 2
I would also like to know what is the status of my application as I have also been waiting over 2 weeks for the install to be activated. It is really poor service from Tpg to be giving customers unrealistic timelines and unmet commitments from customer service reps. If I knew this would have paid the extra amount and gone with Telstra! Please address my post under “adsl install - delay” or I will have no further choice but to escalate this issue with a written compliant and possible cancellation of my service.