Missed installation window

jeremyh
Level 2

I had a new ADSL2+ service scheduled for installation in an apartment on 19-03-18 between 8am and 12pm. Per the instruction from TPG, I was required to be home for the installation, which I was.

The contracted installer did not show up (the building MDF is next to my door), and TPG were not responsive/could not provide an explanation for why the install window was missed.

Finally, today, TPG have advised that Telstra have notified them that "all installations in WA are on hold" due to "system updates".

TPG can't tell me anything more about this outage, provide a fault or incident ID, or provide any sort of ETA, and are supposedly just waiting until the end of the week to hear back from Telstra.

What do I do now?

33 REPLIES 33
Mc_Gerald

Hi @jeremyh,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the ongoing delay on your service installation. I went ahead and searched for your account on our system using your community name, but I was unable to make a match.

Can you please send us a private message with your TPG username or customer ID so we can we review the status of your order and see what can be done to fast track the resolution.

Kind regards,

Mc

jeremyh
Level 2

Hi there,

If you search by email address, you'll find the account, I think. I will direct message you the username now though. Thanks.

Mc_Gerald

Hi @jeremyh,

Thanks for sending your account details via PM. We've managed to check your account records and it shows here that your issue has been escalated to our service delivery team. I'll send an email now to the case manager handling your matter and will request to escalate this further  fast track the resolution to your installation issue.

In addition, I will also request for an urgent call back tomorrow to discuss the update on your escalated order. If you have a preferred contact number and most convenient time to receive a call, please let me know so we can pass it to the team handling your case.

Kind regards,

Mc

Mc_Gerald

Hi @jeremyh,

Hope you're doing well. The case manager handling your case tried to contact your mobile number on file, but we are unable to reach you. If you have a preferred contact number and most convenient time to receive a call today between 9AM to 5PM AEDST, please let me know so we can pass it to the team handling your case.

Kind regards,

Mc

jeremyh
Level 2

Hi Mc

I will PM you my contact info.

Could you publically respond to TPG's statement to me that "all installations in WA are on hold" due to "system updates" from Telstra?

Best

Jeremy

Mc_Gerald

Hi Jeremy,

We've been advised by Telstra that they are currently doing system update and maintenance, which affects the tools they are using to book appointments. We have been told that the orders will be rescheduled, but no ETA as of yet.

The case manager handling your case in continuously monitoring your order and once we have more information we will contact you and provide an update.

We understand what your service means to you and we apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Mc

jeremyh
Level 2

Hi Mc

Being in the industry myself, I understand that it can be difficult working with suppliers, wholesalers and contractors.

However, in this case, my frustrations lie with TPG and TPG alone:

1. If TPG was aware that installations that were previously booked were not going ahead (as of 12th March), why was I still required to be in attendance for an install on 19th March that was either not actually yet conirmed with Telstra, or had already been cancelled by Telstra?

2. I later learned that - as this is an apartment connection - the contractor only required access to the MDF, which is easily accessible, so it is now my understanding that I was not required to be in attendance for the install anyway, so why did TPG advise that I had to be home (costing me time and money)?

3. Why did TPG only attempt to call me back outside of the time window I said I was available for (when I provided my mobile number to you via private message)?

4. When I rang Telstra to enquire about a new ADSL2+ service at the same address, they didn't mention any delays in getting services activated due to "system updates".

5. As someone who works in the industry, it is frankly quite unbelievable to me that Telstra, your wholesaler, would withdraw essential booking services from you without either providing advance notice (in which case why was my install booked?) or, in the case of some fault, an ETA (in which case, why hasn't your support team been looped in?).

The summary here is that TPG has gladly accepted money for a service but has failed to meet my expectations for managing the delivery of that service in a way I would consider acceptable.

Frankly, I believe that there is no Telstra fault or "system update", there is a fault on the TPG end and I am made to suffer, when a simple email, phone call or message that provided an explanation of the REAL issue, an expected timeline, and an acknowledgement of the error would have been appropriate and satisfactory.

Mc_Gerald

1. If TPG was aware that installations that were previously booked were not going ahead (as of 12th March), why was I still required to be in attendance for an install on 19th March that was either not actually yet conirmed with Telstra, or had already been cancelled by Telstra?

When we submitted the order 2018-02-23, the order has been accepted by Telstra Wholesale.

The appointment last March 19 was confirmed with Telstra's system as a go, at that point we did not see any indication that there is an issue with the installation. We were only notified that your account is part of the issue last 2018-03-21 after we received a notification from Telstra Wholesale.

2. I later learned that - as this is an apartment connection - the contractor only required access to the MDF, which is easily accessible, so it is now my understanding that I was not required to be in attendance for the install anyway, so why did TPG advise that I had to be home (costing me time and money)?

We are not aware that your MDF can be accessed easily. We required you to be at the premise so you can provide clear access to your "Network Boundary Point". For more information, visit http://www.tpg.com.au/support/faqs.php#2.17

3. Why did TPG only attempt to call me back outside of the time window I said I was available for (when I provided my mobile number to you via private message)?

Our apologies on this matter, we will clarify this with the provisioning team.

4. When I rang Telstra to enquire about a service, they didn't mention any delays in getting services activated.

Our third party provider is Telstra Wholesale, they are the ones who own the infrastructure and install the service on our behalf, they are a separate group from Bigpond or Telstra retail.

5. As someone who works in the industry, it is frankly quite unbelievable to me that Telstra, your wholesaler, would withdraw essential booking services from you without either providing advance notice (in which case why was my install booked?) or, in the case of some fault, an ETA (in which case, why hasn't your support team been looped in?).

Unfortunately, cases like this does happen due to unforeseen issue and when it does, TPG provisioning and technical team will always do their best to provide the most up to date information and our management will do follow ups with Telstra wholesale management to ensure a quick resolution.

Kind regards,

Mc

jeremyh
Level 2
Hi Mc,

Any updates? I haven't had any calls or emails from the 'case manager' yet.

Can you tell me what the follow up to Telstra Wholesale on Friday resulted in?