Missed installation window

Shane

Hi @jeremyh,

One of our Case Managers tried to contact you last Friday using mobile number ends with (*312, *039) unfortunately no avail.

Kindly, PM me your best contact number and preferred time today and I will have them call you again.

Cheers!

jeremyh
Level 2

Hi @Shane

That's right, I did get a missed call on Friday at 2:39 PM WST. I wasn't able to take it because, as I said when I provided that contact number, I was unavailable from 2:30PM WST. I received another call at 3:40 (when I was still unavailable) that rang for only a second, not nearly enough time to pick up.

A simple email would work best, to either of the email addresses on the account.

Cheers

Shane

Hi @jeremyh,

Thanks for the details. I made follow up on our Provisioning Team and request for a feedback via email. Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @jeremyh,

I can see that you have been in touch with one of our Case Managers and provided you the installation update.

Please let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

keithdear4
Level 2

It's not just WA, I am getting the same treatment from TGP here in Adelaide.  Same story -- I had an installation window last Thurs 22/3 which was missed. (tpg.com.au/install is STILL six days later saying  my installation is "scheduled" for that date). I received an SMS shortly after the window expired at 6pm saying "We have contacted Telstra for an update on your TPG installation. We will call you on the next business day with more information". Didn't happen. Every time I call 131423 I get told my case manager will call me with an update -- never happens

What do people reckon -- should I cancel my order with TPG (hopefully for a full refund!) and go with some other ISP, or is Telstra stuffing everyone up so it makes no difference? At least Optus or Vodafone might have the decency to keep us informed what's going on!

jeremyh
Level 2

@keithdear4 interesting. I recevied the same SMS message on the morning of my installation but assumed it was some errant automated text. Obviously in retrospect it was a signal that something/someone at TPG knew that the installation was tanked, adding to the frustration that I was still left to sit and wait for an appointment that didn't happen.

The 'case managers' that know nothing and can only be reached via the call centre, the lack of transparent  and upfront communication, and the blame-shifting to Telstra (I'm TPGs customer - what do I care what their wholesaler does) are all exceptionally aggravating.

BasilDV

Hi @jeremyh and @keithdear4,

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused. We are dependent on our wholesale provider to connect your service, therefore we are subjected to their connection timeframes.

I will chase this with our Service Delivery team and have both of your case manager to contact you about the progress of the order.

Let us know should you require any assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Hi @jeremyh and @keithdear4,

Your case manager was trying to call you, but you were unreachable. Let us know if you have any preferred time to receive a call for them to try again.

Kind regards,

orbistat
Level 8

Hi @jeremyh when you say (I'm TPGs customer - what do I care what their wholesaler does) that's a bit like blaming your vehicle manufacturer for installing a now recalled component supplier airbag. The blame lies solely with the component supplier but it's up to the manufacturer to pick up the pieces, (no pun intended). Same goes for the wholesaler / retailer situation.

keithdear4
Level 2

I just spent half an hour on the call centre, talking to a case manager. Not mine, but the message would be the same, I was told. Basically they know nothing, and if could escalate it right up to the CEO they would still know nothing. There is a "systems issue". Total system-wide incompetence, I would say. No guess as to when installation may happen. No corporate knowledge of previous such instances. Total train wreck of a customer experience.

Apparently they "don't use email" -- this from an IT company. Smoke signals perhaps? Or are we supposed to judge the state of affairs by the stench? That gets easier daily.