TPG Community

Get online support

NBN device not turning on

emmaross1
Level 2
I’ve just moved to a new unit that has NBN FTTC. The unit has an old telephone port, and I’ve noticed that the previous owner has left an adaptor along with the NBN device. I’ve tried plugging in the NBN device and waited the advised amount of time however it doesn’t appear to be working. The lights are not staying solid blue.
5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @emmaross1 . If the light closest to the edge of NBN box (power) does not stay on, the unit is faulty.

If power light stays on, what are the other lights doing?

emmaross1
Level 2
The power light stays on constantly and the light next to it flashes for a while then turns off. I also hear a clicking noise occasionally. The process seems to repeat.
david64
Level 15

@emmaross1 . If the telephone cable is connected to the WALL SOCKET on the NBN box, the outlet might be faulty. Is there another phone outlet you can try?

Otherwise, a moderator will need to arrange a service call.

emmaross1
Level 2
Thanks. I’ve tried a few outlets and the same thing is happening. Hopefully a moderator can organise a service call for me soon.
BasilDV

Hi @emmaross1

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account and it shows that the service installation/activation is still in progress.

We'll raise this with our NBN Provisioning team and updates will be provided by your case manager.

BasilDV