Naked adsl?

Nicole
Level 2
My parents live in an area where there are currently no ports available at the telephone exchange and as such, they can not get a home phone or broadband.

There is a phone line at their home. It has been connected previously however the suburb they live in has experienced rapid growth and Telstra have opted not to upgrade infrastructure at the exchange as NBN will eventually come through.

My parents have been without a phone and using stupidly expensive wireless/mobile broadband for two years already and it is estimated that NBN will not be connected in their area for another 12 months.

My question about naked adsl is does it rely on a connection at the exchange in the same way traditional broadband does? Or is the phone line enough to get them connected?

3 REPLIES 3
Erika

Hi @Nicole

Welcome to the Community! 

Naked ADSL2+ (also known as ULL) is a type of ADSL2+ broadband Internet connection that doesn't require a landline phone service. 

What you need is the copper line connected between phone exchange to your premise, which you have used to make phone calls and access the Internet. When you sign up to a TPG Naked ADSL2+ plan, TPG will physically transfer your phone line into an ULL line and connects this to TPG's DSLAM. This enables TPG to provide high speed ADSL2+ broadband service via our own network infrastructure without telephony component.

To provide you with a detailed response, can we have the precise address that you are inquiring about? 

Please sent this to us via Private Message

Cheers, 

Mc_Gerald

Hi @Nicole

Thanks for sending your parents' service address via PM. Let me check this now, I'll be back shortly and I will reply to your PM. 

Regards, 

-Mc

Mc_Gerald

Hi Nicole,

Having had an opportunity to take a closer look at the address. The only product that we will be able to provide you with at this stage is what is known as our ADSL Off Net product which would sit on top of an already active home phone line: https://www.tpg.com.au/products_services/broadband-offnet

This service is also subject to port availability which will be confirmed to us by our 3rd party provider once an application has been submitted.

Let me know if you would like me to put you in contact with a member of our sales team who can assist further.

Regards,

-Mc