PPPoE connecting

jzha0139
Level 2

I had the ADSL 2+ installed yesterday and I'm using my own router, which is like this.WechatIMG145.jpeg

and I connected it like this.WechatIMG146.jpeg

I only have a macbook and I can't use the Ethernet cable, so I can only use the wireless network, then I connected the macbook with wifi, and opened tplinkwifi.net which is provided on the back of the router and setup, after that, I typed in the username and password that were provided by the ISP. Then it showed that the network is connecting.

Then it just stopped at this stage, always connecting. like the image below.

WechatIMG147.jpeg

If anyone knows the reason, please tell me, I will be very appreciated, thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2
Erika

Hi @jzha0139

Welcome to TPG Community! 

I've located your account using your community details and can see that this case has now been escalated to our Engineering team. 

I would like to arrange a call from one of our Engineers to discuss this case further with you. 

Please PM us your best contact time and number and we'll arrange this for you. 

For your reference, please see this link on how to send a PM

Cheers, 

Erika

Hi @jzha0139

I understand that one of our Engineers has been in touch and has discuss to you the status of this case. 

It shows here that the installation of your service has been completed up to the network boundary point which is at the Main Distribution Frame (MDF) of your apartment. 

As you've applied for an ADSL2+ with TPG Home Phone and you live in an apartment or a unit, we will deliver your service to the network boundary point of that premises. This network boundary point is typically the Main Distribution Frame (MDF). The MDF is a small telecommunications room in a common area within your block.

TPG is responsible to deliver the service to the first side of the MDF (the 'A' side). Any wiring that is missing to connect to the other side of the MDF (the 'B' side) and into the building is the customer's responsibility and requires a technician. TPG can arrange for a field services technician to do this for you for an additional charge.

I understand that you'll coordinate this first with your building admin. 

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.