Poor Customer Service

Lou34
Level 2
We've been a TPG customer for 2.5 years and last Wednesday our modem was fried by lightning. We contacted TPG on Thursday morning regarding purchasing a new modem and were told that they would send us a new modem for a $10 shipping fee if we signed up for an 18 month contract. We agreed and the customer service representative said that they would be contacting us within 48 hours so we could provide "confirmation". Although that made no sense since they had us on the phone right then and there and had already confirmed our identity, we had no choice but to wait. 50 hours later, when we still hadn't heard from them, we rang to find out what we needed to do to "confirm" the 18 month contract and get our modem ordered. After trying to convince us that we would be contacted soon and refusing to let us speak to a manager, the customer service representative told us that he would escalate our requst and make it urgent then literally gave us "his word" that we would hear from them within 2 hours.It has now been 4.5 hours and we've heard nothing back and we're still no closer to having a modem then we were back on Thursday morning.
3 REPLIES 3
Erika

Hi @Lou34

Welcome to Community! 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we're disappointed to hear you've had a less than stellar experience at our customer service support. It definitely doesn't sound like the level of customer service we pride ourselves on and expect for our customers. 

I've located your account using your Community details and have tracked the order for the modem. 

I can confirm that we normally quote the standard timeframe of 1-2 working days for the approval of a free modem replacement and I can see that this has been approved earlier today. 

I've now chased this and requested for this modem to be included in today's shipment. 

We use star track to do the ground work and email you a tracking number which you can use to check the status of your delivery. Once you have the consignment number, you may view this link on How to Check TPG supplied modem delivery status.

The delivery to metro areas and major towns takes 1 to 2 working days, while the delivery to rural and remote areas takes 2 to 4 working days.

Regards, 

Lou34
Level 2
Thanks Erika but I must say that I'm still unhappy with TPG's customer service and, furthermore, TPG continues to disappoint.
First, we were never advised that the time to approve a free modem is measured in working days, and when one of your customer service representatives "gives their word", I would expect that person to follow through and contact us as promised, not just use it as a way to refuse my request to speak with a manager.
Second, even after you "chased" to get our modem shipped quickly, it still did not ship on the 24th and, due to the holidays, didn't actually ship until today (Although the tracking site says "Freight manifest transmitted" so I am unsure if it's even left your facility yet). Based on your quoted shipping times, I am now estimating that we won't receive the modem until at least next Thursday, which means no internet for 2 weeks after contacting TPG. I doubt that you would wait patiently for our monthly payment if it took 2 weeks after the payment date to arrive.
Regards,
Lou Werckmann
Shane

Hi @Lou34,

We can only imagine how frustrating your experience has been. We are hoping that the modem/router will arrive before the end of this year to avoid further inconvenience. 

Regards,