TPG Community

Get online support

5G home internet still not activated

keatonmarin
Level 2
I've had my 5G modem for 5 days. I rang to activate my account that same day. My modem has full green lights, but when I connect to it via wifi, there is no internet connection. I rang up for support today, I gave my account details and issue to the TPG rep, who asked me to hold while he looks into it. I was then patiently waiting on the phone for 1 hour until the call got ended on me!! Not good enough I'm ready to sign up to another provider if this is not resolved in another day.
12 REPLIES 12
Aubrey

Hi @keatonmarin, let's check where things at with the activation. Please send us your customer ID or username via private message.

keatonmarin
Level 2

Hi, still not sorted. As far as I believe, the issue is your system not recognising that the modem has been sent and received, even though the star track tracking number is detailed as delivered last Friday. Star Track tracking numbers: M7ZZ17470512 00393333042504214956
I can't see why it is hard for a tech oriented business to mark a parcel as delivered, even the Aus Post tracking has this marked delivered.
investment2018
Level 2

I have exactly the same issue. It has been 5 days. The home internet is still not activated. Wondering if you have sorted this out?

keatonmarin
Level 2
Yes all sorted now. I was connected 7 days after receiving the modem. They ended up filing a “fake” dispatch where I received a fresh invoice for the modem with tracking number, only the tracking number was the same as the original dispatch. I assume this action triggered the system to recognise the modem has been sent and received. I was connected 3 hours later. I assume you rang up to activate your account?
investment2018
Level 2

Yes, I received the modem on Thursday and have made several calls to activate my account already. While they claim that they will get back to me very soon, it is never activated! I think it has the same issue that they just can't mark a parcel as delivered. This is just so unbelievable! Really disappointed and I felt I was forced to change a provider. 

BasilDV

Hi @investment2018

We are keen to resolve the activation issue.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

investment2018
Level 2

This is still not solved. I'd like to cancel my service if it cannot be fixed today.

BasilDV

Hi @investment2018

We've responded to your private message and will wait for your reply for us to arrange a call from our team.

BasilDV

sarahchilds1
Level 2
I have also had this problem and given the complete runaround. I will be changing providers tomorrow if this is not sorted I've been without the internet for a week now. It's disgraceful!!