TPG Community

Get online support

Call Catcher charging me to disable a service I never requested.

Alex11
Level 2

I was looking through my back log of accounts. I had noticed when trying to disable VoiceMail, that "Call Catcher" was still activated and that Voice was being automatically diverted to it. NOTE THAT I NEVER ASKED FOR ANY TYPE OF CALL CATCHER SERVICE TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH MY ACCOUNT.

Each "Call Catcher" deposit from a caller ended up costing 15cents. Then when I tried to disable call catcher, I was also charged 15cents.

All the information I have found on call catcher state that it is a Free Service, just not only was I charged without requesting that the call catcher be activated, when I called the number provided when I got the call catcher SMS, 121600 "Call Catcher Information Line" I was charged $0.15. For some reason when Voicemail is deactivated, call catcher is automotically activated. I think charging to disable a service (when they provide that number specifically in the SMS in order to OPT OUT) is a bit much!

Please refund all the amounts for the call catcher and the call catcher information line:

13/03/2023 05:26PM
00:00:27
Divert to Call Catcher
$0.15
14/03/2023 02:23PM
00:00:04
Divert to Call Catcher
$0.15
15/03/2023 03:05PM
Divert to Call Catcher
$0.15
15/03/2023 03:05PM
00:00:24
Call Catcher Information Line
$0.15

13/04/2023 05:07PM
00:00:27
Divert to Call Catcher
$0.15
13/04/2023 05:24PM
00:00:26
$0.15
21/04/2023 01:49PM
Divert to Call Catcher
$0.15
21/04/2023 01:51PM
00:00:26
$0.15

9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Hi @Alex11 

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation.

Please provide us your account details via private message for further checking.

BasilDV

Alex11
Level 2

PM sent

Alex11
Level 2

Note, this issue is still unresolved, as the support agent could not see any charges for the specified times.

However, they ARE listed on my account:

Please see the attached.

Shane

Thanks for the additional info we coordinated this with our accounts team. You should receive an update as soon as it becomes available. 

Note, this issue is still unresolved, as the support agent could not see any charges for the specified times.

However, they ARE listed on my account:

Please see the attached.

Alex11
Level 2

It is further noted that when a number tried to call me and it was diverted to call catcher, THAT I WAS THE ONE WHO had to pay the 0.15cent charge for RECIEVING the call catcher on my phone. 

You can see the alignment in the call example, From and EXETEL number to MY TPG number. I have attached the example. This meant that other spam calls, that were diverted to call catcher resulted in ME being charged for the pleasure of recieving the Spam call. Sorry, but that is just not right.

As noted on Vodafone: "No, there’s no charge for using Call Catcher"

Yet I am the reciepient of the call catcher am paying....

BasilDV

Hi @Alex11 

We understand that our Mobile team advised to send the screenshot via Email for further investigation.

If you've sent the email, please send us a private message with the subject line and will chase this with the relevant team.

BasilDV

Alex11
Level 2

Note that again, Call Catcher has turned itself on without me activating the service.

Again, I never approved or requested call catcher on my service.

Please make sure that in addition to the abovementioned refunds AS WELL AS any historical Call Catcher items on my bills in previous years, that call catcher is completely disabled for my service. This is one of many times that I have had call catcher disabled, only for it to become enabled again without me activating it.

Alex11
Level 2

Please find that regarding the last missed call Call Catcher i recieved SMS on my phone, that have again been charged 0.15cents for recieving this call catcher text on my phone.

Note that this matches the time of the recieved text message

Shane

Hi @Alex11 ,

In response to your message to one of my colleagues. You should receive an update from our mobile team as soon as it becomes available.

Regards,

Please find that regarding the last missed call Call Catcher i recieved SMS on my phone, that have again been charged 0.15cents for recieving this call catcher text on my phone.

Note that this matches the time of the recieved text message