TPG Community

Get online support

Cancelling service via the portal

jello
Level 2

I have a number of emails to and fro with customer service and each time I get a new person who has an attention span of 30 seconds and doesn't know how to read the email trail. It has been 9 days now and I am no closer to cancelling my service. One rep suggested that I could do this via the portal. Well it has taken nearly 2 days to get to my account because I had to reset my password and the site was basically not responding even though I received the SMS verification code. I am overseas so am unable to do this with a phone call. So now I am in my account on the portal I can't see anywhere where I can cancel my service.

Someone needs more training before giving out useless advice.

9 REPLIES 9
Ahra_G

Hi @jello

Please confirm your TPG account details via private message. Let's check on your account. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

jello
Level 2
Just as an update my service cancellation is now in progress so it was definitely worthwhile starting this thread as direct email with customer services was frustratingly infuriating and non-productive.
I am a little disappointed that though advertised as not requiring a contract I am still obliged to provide one month's notice.
Ahra_G

We can confirm that the cancellation is in progress, @jello. Upon termination completion, you will receive an email with a return label for the modem. 

If there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

jello
Level 2
Actually I have already received the email with the return receipt and consignee label. The return receipt says that return must be made within 21 days of service cancellation which for me is 21 days after 25 March yet the email instructions say return by 03/04.
I'm confused.
BasilDV

Hi @jello 

If you are not using the service, then you may start to process the return.

If you are still using the service, then you can return the device after the end of your billing cycle.

BasilDV

jello
Level 2
Hi BasilDV,

Yes but how much time do I have after the end of my billing cycle to return it?
BasilDV

The 21 days starts on the day that the E-connote was sent to your email.

BasilDV

jello
Level 2
That email was sent on 13 March but I am paid up to 25 March. Are you saying that the 21 days starts 12 days before my service ends?
BasilDV

If you are still using the service, then that will be fine if you'll process the pick up to return the device after the 25th March.

BasilDV