Email Only Account

Krishan
Level 2

How do I complain to someone senior in TPG, before escalating the matter to Industry Ombdusman?

I have been a TPG NBN customer for a very long time and changed home recently. Moved my NBN account to the new location with no issues. Within less than a week, TPG offered me 5G connection which I accepted. 5G modem was sent to me with instructions to use 5G connection for a week before switching to 5G connection.

My NBN connection had an email which I was told, could not be transferred to 5G account and I was advised that TPG will transfer my NBN account to an email only account and I will have to pay an annual charge which I was OK with.

Accepted my 5G installation after a week and a new account was set up. I have been chasing TPG customer service team for converting my NBN account to email only account with numersous promises that it will be done but nothing has happened and I receiving emails that my NBN account will be disconnected due to an account charge which actually needs to be reversed and I should be charged for annual charge for email only account. Getting no action insptite a so many phone calls to TPG. Really really fed up.

8 REPLIES 8
Angeli

Hi @Krishan

If you have recently migrated to the 5G Home Wireless from NBN, the email only service will be free as long as you will keep the new internet service. Were you billed for the email service recently? You may also PM your TPG account number for both NBN and Home Wireless and I'll take it from there.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli

Krishan
Level 2

Hi Angeli

While I have been xchaning private messages with you, my NBN account and email account has been disconnected. What is going on. Can I have some respite from this ongoing totrure?

Angeli

Hi Krishan, 

I am working the conversion of your email only service with our Accounts Team. Once I heard back from them, I will be in touch again. Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards, 

Angeli

Krishan
Level 2

How long do I have to wait?? The issue has been going on for ever and TPG has unilaterly disconnected my email account. Probably the worst experience that I have ever had with a service provider?????

BasilDV

Hi @Krishan

We are still waiting for the update from the relevant team.

This is being monitored and will provide updates once available.

BasilDV

Krishan
Level 2

How long does it take TPG to clean the mess it has created with my account. Looks like no one is responsible and accountable at TPG.

Angeli

Hi @Krishan

I already escalated your email conversion with our Accounts Team and this is still in progress though I also sent them a follow up today. I will be in touch again once an update becomes available. 

Regards, 

Angeli

Krishan
Level 2

Does anyone at TPG understand the impact this situation is having due to my emails having being disconnected, for absolutely no fault of ours? Let me put it on record that if my email account is not restored by upcoming Monday, 21st March, I will be lodging a formal complaint with Telecommunications Industry Ombdusman (TIO). I may also initiate other actions as I may deem appropriate, including any legal or social media recourse.