TPG Community

Get online support

Fee for changing service provider

saharathapa
Level 2
Hello,
I changed my mobile service provider from TPG to another one for two of my mobile services account. I was charged $11 for each account, totalling that to $22. I called TPG mobile service and was informed that the amount was administration fee and would be refunded. I have followed up again last week and got the same answer. Just want to know the process further, as I never came across this fee deduction from other service providers, even when i changed from optus to tpg few years back.
Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @saharathapa,

The port out fee is being charged to cover the cost of porting process and call routing systems when you change provider. It is also included in our Standard Terms & conditions.

You may check the details further on our website under http://tpg.com.au/mobile -> Terms & Conditions -> Mobile Plan Brochure. If you port your mobile service number to another carrier a port out fee of $11 is payable.

We will chase this with our Mobile Team and have them contact you to provide updates on this.

Regards,

Hello,
I changed my mobile service provider from TPG to another one for two of my mobile services account. I was charged $11 for each account, totalling that to $22. I called TPG mobile service and was informed that the amount was administration fee and would be refunded. I have followed up again last week and got the same answer. Just want to know the process further, as I never came across this fee deduction from other service providers, even when i changed from optus to tpg few years back.
Thanks