TPG Community

Get online support

Leaving TPG and want removal of ID and personal details to reduce risk of data breach

EddieVH
Level 2

I am leaving TPG NBN and mobile and want all my personal details removed from you systems to reduce unnescesary data exposure.

Do I only need to speak to your service department or do I need to formally ask with an email.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Ahra_G

Hi @EddieVH

We regret to learn that you wish to disconnect your service with us. Please send us a private message along with your TPG username or Customer ID so we can search for your account and we'll go from there. 

-Ahra_G

EddieVH
Level 2

Hi Ahra,

That is not what I am asking for. 

TPG has my personal information and ID.

If I want to leave TPG:

1) What personal information and ID will they keep?

2) If they retain my personal information and ID, how long do they retain it for?

3) If I request my personal information and ID to be removed TPG completely, who do I email?

4) Is there any other companies affiliated with TPG that I have to request my data to be removed from?

5) I do not wish to request removal of personal information and ID via this forum by a moderater.

Thanks.

BasilDV

Hi @EddieVH 

You may direct your query or request to our Privacy Team by filling up the form here: https://tpg.com.au/identity

A case manager will be in touch with you within 24 to 48 business hours.

Have a good day!

BasilDV

EddieVH
Level 2

@BasilDV wrote:

Hi @EddieVH 

You may direct your query or request to our Privacy Team by filling up the form here: https://tpg.com.au/identity

A case manager will be in touch with you within 24 to 48 business hours.

Have a good day!

BasilDV

Hi Basil,

The link lead me to this page to confirm my identity:

Use this form to verify your identity

Please fill out this form so we can start the verification process. Once submitted we will be in contact with you within the next 2 business days via text or via your nominated email address.

First Name*
Last Name*
Contact number*
Email*
Account number or Mobile number*
Contact Reason*                           Activate SIMConfirm identityCall Diversion or Forward
Additional Comments
   By ticking this box I declare that the information provided is true and accurate at the time of completion. I also acknowledge that the information provided will be used and stored in accordance with the Australian Privacy Act and TPG’s Privacy Policy available at https://www.tpg.com.au/about/privacy.

This is not what I am asking for.!
EddieVH
Level 2

TPG has my personal information and ID.

If I want to leave TPG:

1) What personal information and ID will they keep?

2) If they retain my personal information and ID, how long do they retain it for?

3) If I request my personal information and ID to be removed TPG completely, who do I email?

4) Is there any other companies affiliated with TPG that I have to request my data to be removed from?

5) I do not wish to request removal of personal information and ID via this forum by a moderater.

Thanks.

BasilDV

Hi @EddieVH 

Once you fill up the form, your queries will be answered by our Privacy Team.

EddieVH
Level 2

Hi Basil,

As you are a TPG represenative, can you get the answers from the privacy team yourself and let not only myself know, but make it general knowledge for all other customers in this forum if they wish to know what happens with their PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA at TPG. 

Sorry I am getting frustrated with TPG.

I would not be here if I could find the information on the net. I have aslo tried speaking with customer service but get tranferred in circles until I am disconected. It seems I am asking some terrible questions with TPG.

EddieVH
Level 2

Hello Mods,

I'm still waiting for your response.

EddieVH
Level 2

I feel now Iike I am being ignored here by you moderators on important questions being asked about my personal information that is being held by TPG.