Misleading informatiob

Dorisreymond
Level 2
On the weekend i enquired about tpg internet on nbn at mums place and was assured when I asked the question 3 times that the Telstra service of landline can still be used by mum who doesn’t want or use internet whilst I sign up for tpg internet to use on her nbn service. I am staying at her place temporarily which I explained very clearly and advised this would be a short term requirement. I asked for a reference number for my enquiry and was told it would be sent via email and I didn’t get one. Router arrived today and assembled the unit to mums nbn modem, couldn’t connect to internet and after speaking to support was told that I couldn’t have telstra phone line operating if I wanted to install tpg internet. The sales person I initially spoke to was misleading and gave me totally incorrect information. I would have gone with Telstra for internet so that mum could still have her Telstra phone line. I have been charged initial $199 on a no contract plan. I contacted Telstra and they advised I couldn’t have 2 service providers which is the information I should have been given from the start and that would’ve given me information to make the decision of whether to go with Telstra instead of tpg. I will escalate on social media and telco ombudsmen. I want a refund of the initial charge and no charges from now on from tpg ASAP. I’d like to hear if anyone has had this same experience and will ask all forms of social media as well. So disappointed and out of $ pocket. The sales person mislead me.
5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @Dorisreymond ,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We apologise for the inconvenience and definitely not the type of service we would like to provide our customers.

We'd like to investigate this for us to understand the situation and provide a reasonable resolution.

Please shoot me a PM of the phone number that you've used to process the order and the date when you called our Sales team.

How to send a PM? Click here.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Dorisreymond
Level 2
Hi I have just messaged you.
BasilDV

Thank you, @Dorisreymond .

We'll review the order and get back to you shortly.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Dorisreymond ,

We've escalated the case with our complaints resolution case managers; customer relations and an assigned case manager will be in touch with you via Phone call or email within 24 to 48 hours as they need to assess the case further.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Dorisreymond,

We understand that your case manager has been in touch and the case is now in progress.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV