TPG Community

Get online support

Mobile phone direct debit billng over Xmas period

Jos1957
Level 2

FYI, I have just spent an hour on hold waiting to speak with TPG accounts.  Direct debit each month from my bank account, December billing not processed because TPG tried to debit my account on a weekend, then moved to the next weekday which was a public holiday here in South Australia, that obviously wasn't going to work so they stopped my mobile service.  Nothing worked.  I now have to wait up to 4 hours for TPG to reconnect my mobile account.  Indian Call Centre with a rooster crowing in the background, so I would guess someone was working from home ..  

3 REPLIES 3
Jos1957
Level 2

I have had a response from TPG.  Automated billing cycle, that's it.  If banks can factor in public holidays for direct debits and payments, then so can TPG.  Not good enough.

twhalan
Level 2

Hey Josh

I have had the same happen to me, 3rd day now with no phone service (3 phones).  When I rang they played a recorded message saying they were to busy to take calls.  Numberous emails too, saying they should get resolved within 4 days.  What a pain!

Did yous get fixed yet?

Cheers

Therese

Ahra_G

Hi @Jos1957

Fees are collected 7 days prior to the start of the new billing cycle.

If you are using credit card as your payment method, it gets posted the same day. However, if you are using a direct debit, posting make take 3-4 banking days as this is the bank's clearing time. 

We can see that your account is now active and no pending payments. 

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

Regards,

Ahra_G