TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTN cancellation questions

rvellis6
Level 2

Hello there!

I'm currently considering cancelling my NBN connection with TPG as I have found a better offer with another provider. Prior to asking for cancellation, I wanted to ask a few questions, as there is much conflicting information found in this forum and elsewhere.

Q1  I'm aware there's a 30 day cancellation period. I've been told over the phone with your team that if the cancellation notice period should end in the middle of a billing period, that this will be pro-rata (I won't pay for a full month). Can you please confirm this is that case?

Q2  I assume TPG will continue to provide NBN service up until the end of the notice period?

Q3  I've been told over the phone that my router is locked to TPG (I have a Huawei HG659 that was pruchased from you on commencement of the my plan). From what I've read on other posts you do not lock the router and it will work with any NBN provider, with the exception of VOIP, is this correct?

Thank you in advance for your help in answering the above. Can you please provide your answers in writing.

-Reiko

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi rvellis6,

Welcome to the community! To answer your questions.

Answer 1: When cancelling an account, you are required to provide us at least 30 days notice and the service has to be paid up to the end of the notice period. . The 30 days notice is also included in the terms and conditions https://www.tpg.com.au/terms_conditions/standard.

Answer 2: Yes, You may continue to use your service during this time so you do not need to incur any additional charges

Answer 3: Yes, our supplied modem/router should work with other ISP except for the VoIP feature.

Regards,

Hello there!

I'm currently considering cancelling my NBN connection with TPG as I have found a better offer with another provider. Prior to asking for cancellation, I wanted to ask a few questions, as there is much conflicting information found in this forum and elsewhere.

Q1  I'm aware there's a 30 day cancellation period. I've been told over the phone with your team that if the cancellation notice period should end in the middle of a billing period, that this will be pro-rata (I won't pay for a full month). Can you please confirm this is that case?

Q2  I assume TPG will continue to provide NBN service up until the end of the notice period?

Q3  I've been told over the phone that my router is locked to TPG (I have a Huawei HG659 that was pruchased from you on commencement of the my plan). From what I've read on other posts you do not lock the router and it will work with any NBN provider, with the exception of VOIP, is this correct?

Thank you in advance for your help in answering the above. Can you please provide your answers in writing.

-Reiko