Passwords

SOLVED Go to solution
phr49
Level 3

Is my email password the same as my modem log-in password?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @phr49

The modem log-in to access the modem/router configuration is different from your email password.

modem log-in details can usually be seen on the label/sticker of the modem.

The TPG email password is the same with TPG account password.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi @phr49

The modem log-in to access the modem/router configuration is different from your email password.

modem log-in details can usually be seen on the label/sticker of the modem.

The TPG email password is the same with TPG account password.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

phr49
Level 3

Hi Shane,

Sorry I took so long to reply, but there was no tag on my first post to say that you replied.  I am not sure how I suddenly got here, but a belated thanks.

I have just changed my password through my account, and the menu access to my email has gone.  I have to go back google to access my email log-on.

Cheers Peter

phr49
Level 3

The modem password to logon to TPG is encrypted.  There was never a sticker.  It still works but if the modem should fail or be replaced for NBN, then I do not know what it is.  I'll jump that hurdle later when I upgrade to NBN.

Cheers Peter

phr49
Level 3

I just realised what you said.  I have the password to get to the modem's configuration.  It's the modem's password to log-on to TPG that I no longer have.

Peter

Shane

Hi @phr49,

Thanks for the additional details. I would like to clarify what are you trying to accomplish with the password(s)?

Would you like to change the Wi-Fi password or do some configuration with the modem/router?

Cheers!

krowlands
Level 2
Yes.. the one on the back of modem sites not work
krowlands
Level 2
Modem password does not work
BasilDV

Hi @krowlands

Welcome to the Community!

May we know what you are trying to do or where are you trying to log in?

What password did you use? Are you able to send a picture of the information that you are using?

BasilDV