TPG Community

Get online support

Recovery of email (deleted without warning by TPG) after account closed?

rlopez167
Level 3

@estherjames   I'm in the same boat as you and I am dreading to go through what you're experiencing.  It feels like we are like hot potatoes!!  Now that we are no longer paying customers we get locked out before we could organise our emails.  I had no idea that transferring to another provider would be fast a couple of days so didn't have time to organise my emails.  Now all my personal emails are with TPG and I'm locked out.  

estherjames
Level 3

It's very frustrating, and the TIO say it's a 'business decision' and they can't do anything

However there is still the federal communications authority... 

I will never recommend TPG to anybody again. I found their staff/practices to be inefficient, unfair, and rude. 

I was with them for many years as well  - so much for valuing loyal customers. 

This behaviour causes brand harm - but I am not sure TPG appreciate this.

estherjames
Level 3

Oh I just noticed their 'terms and conditions' of ceasing to manage emails include transfer to a new provider (saving all messages) with the ability to 'recover' emails until 30 November and 60 days notice if they decide not to pay for 14 days of the email service with the new provider.

https://support.tpg.com.au/tpg-email-messaging-company

Not for us, hey?

rlopez167
Level 3

Apparently not.  I have spent tonight sending emails and talking to customer service.  This is proving to be a big headache and not good for the blood pressure.   In a nutshell the outcome is bleak.  Once the account is disconnected we can no longer access our email address.  I have accounts where the notification is sent to my tpg email only which will be a problem.  Not a happy ex TPG customer

rlopez167
Level 3

I too have been with TPG for a very long time.  I have brought family members to TPG and will not recommend them to anyone else.  I will warn my family of the problems I am going through so they wont have the same problems if they decide to move too.

With a big tech company like TPG, you would think that they would have the expertise to help us out.  I was asked if I wanted to reopen the account but with the problems I am having I just want to run far away from TPG