TPG Community

Get online support

Scammed by the online sales of TPG - NBN Service

SOLVED Go to solution
ena824
Level 2

Our family has been using TPG for a year, there was no major issue so now that we are planning to have TPG for a new house by the end of November, and we need NBN on both old and new houses for a parallel of three months.  Since the “moving home” solution by TPG would cut the NBN service at my old house by the time NBN service is needed at my new house, we knew that’s not a solution.

My wife called the sale hotline for a suggestion.  The gentleman on the line said we could open another account with TPG with a separate username under the same person.  We can fine tune when the service at the new house should start by calling the customer services.   The gentleman also suggested that we should sign up for a 6 months package in exchange for a free modem.

Sounds like a good deal, and my wife agreed online, gave our credit card number and that’s when our nightmare started.

1) Right after the call, we received the email about NBN service being activated.  So Rather than starting the service at a specific date, it started right now, before we move to our new address

2) We called the customer service and ask for a change of activation date.  Can’t be done, because the guy who sold us the service entered an incorrect mobile number.  SO the customer service said “ we can’t validate your identity, please submit your driver license and wait for 48 hours before we can do anything else for you”

3) We have not moved to the new address, so obviously modem was not delivered.  How could they just start our service immediately?

4) $$ has been immediately debit from our credit card.

I thought this could only happen in the third world country, but here in Australia, we were con to sign up to a service early, and told by the customer service they couldn’t rectify anything.  I start to suspect the mobile number were purposely entered incorrectly to delay the scam being fixed.

I hope someone could give me a channel to escalate this and expect either a fix or full refund.  We are also reporting this case to ACCC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
and1628opm
Level 3
similar experience here. TPG activities the new premise account even before we move. And we spent couple of days to locate the new modem as TPG dropped it off to our "neighbours" rather than to our house.

Beware to make sure to have your current Internet connection active as TPG cut my existing one and not sure when our new modem will arrive under our new plan...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @ena824

We'd like to help turn your experience around.

To help us with the investigation, please shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

ena824
Level 2

HI BasilDV - thanks for reaching out.

I have spoken to at least 3 TPG folks today, everyone was trying to sell me something new rather than fixing my problem.  The only person who seems to be able to fix things for me from customer service was ironically saying my phone number in record is incorrect and ask me to fix that before speaking with them again.

Are you sure you could help?  and if you do, could you please make sure the person read the post before calling?  Cos I do not want to repeat myself for the 4th time.

BasilDV

Hi @ena824

We'll do our best to help you find a resolution for your issue.

Just send your account details via private message to assess your case and raise it further if needed.

BasilDV

ena824
Level 2

HI,

I have PM you already.  no one ever called us for a fix, so we called the hotline two times today.

And you know what?  Both lines dropped after the other end held us on the phone to search for our cases.

I bet thats delibrated.

BasilDV

Hi @ena824

We've responded to your PM as we need more information to verify the account and raise your concern to our Escalations team, but did not receive any response.

We'll be waiting for your reply in order to progress the case.

BasilDV

and1628opm
Level 3
similar experience here. TPG activities the new premise account even before we move. And we spent couple of days to locate the new modem as TPG dropped it off to our "neighbours" rather than to our house.

Beware to make sure to have your current Internet connection active as TPG cut my existing one and not sure when our new modem will arrive under our new plan...