TPG Community

Get online support

TPG - Rip off - Scammers

SOLVED Go to solution
Langmac66
Level 2
I signed up for unlimited broadband with home phone. A Service representative informed me that TPG can provide the service to my residential address, (this was provided verbally and via email) and a $189 payment was processed as required by TPG to proceed with the service prior to activation.

A couple of days later I received an email from TPG stating that they were unable to provide the service to my address. No problem, I send an email requesting a refund as they were unable to provide the said service, thinking it was a no brainer, can't provide service, Refund rite - WRONG.

This is TPG's reply with an email stating:

"Thank you for your email.

We understand how you feel.

However, we are unable to waive the set-up fee as we have to cover the costs associated with this. Please be aware that TPG relies with NBN Co. who assists in making these changes and adjustments happen. Because of this, we incur a fee which we then bring forward to the customer.

Are these telcos a law to themselves or what? It's fraudulent and theft. You tell me one thing, charge me, then can't provide service and say well we will just keep the money. If it's happened to me there must be hundreds in the same boat.

Royal commission on Banks, I pray for the day there is one for telcos. I hope that day comes sooner rather than latter.

They treat us with contempt and fools.

Good luck to all.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Manuel
Community Manager

Hi @Langmac66,

Welcome to the Community.

As per our conversation over the phone.

I think that all questions you had have been cleared up and the issues with your previous provider need to be cleared up before we can proceed.

We look forward to getting your install completed once they are resolved.

Thanks for your time on the phone.

Cheers

Manuel

View solution in original post

Langmac66
Level 2
This has been promptly resolved by TPG.

Thankyou Manual for your assistance in this matter.

Please feel free to remove this post if you wish.

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Manuel
Community Manager

Hi @Langmac66,

Welcome to the Community.

As per our conversation over the phone.

I think that all questions you had have been cleared up and the issues with your previous provider need to be cleared up before we can proceed.

We look forward to getting your install completed once they are resolved.

Thanks for your time on the phone.

Cheers

Manuel

Langmac66
Level 2
This has been promptly resolved by TPG.

Thankyou Manual for your assistance in this matter.

Please feel free to remove this post if you wish.

Regards
charlesc1c
Level 2
I have a similar experience. Entered into a contract to install my nbn within 10 days. They charged my CC immediately and did not install anything. One month later they charged me again. 3 technicians appeared in my place to fix my connection that simply does not exist! I requested to terminate the deal and requested a full refund of $210. They refunded $100.
TPG is a fraudulent organisation, appears to operate out of the Phillipines. I spent hours on the phone with them to no avail. Don’t give them you CC details, they will reap you off!
Riezl

Hi @charlesc1c,

TPG is a prepaid service; your initial payment is comprised of an installation fee and your 1st month fee. By operating this way we are able to keep costs down to continue offering the best value deals possible to our customers. The installation process begins as soon as we receive these specified funds from the customer.

Furthermore, as part of our billing system's automation, we charge 7 days in advance before the next billing cycle.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to send us a private message with your TPG account details.

charlesc1c
Level 2

I don't know who you are, but you clearly cannot or don't want to comprehend what I am talking about.
I contacted TPG in good faith to have my NBN installed.
TPG took the initial payment from my CC immediately. They confirmed in writing to install the NBN within 10 days.
Nothing happened within one month.
They advised that my NBN had been installed and that I can plug in and start using it.
The reality is that there is nothing in my place, no NBN box to plug anything in.
When I objected, they booked some NBN technicians to FIX my NBN.
I met two of them and they both confirmed there was nothing in my premises and hence nothing to fix, and left! They confirmed I needed the installation.
I objected multiple times with TPG, sent my proof of residency, spoke to several TPG persons.
Nothing happened, they clearly could not comprehend the need to install the connection (there is a fibre connection in the street and a coaxial cable to the building, nothing to my unit).
When TPG , instead of installation charged my CC for the second month, I requested to terminate the contract as I really need NBN and TPG is not capable of providing it.
I am in the process of finding an alternative provider and request a full refund as nothing has been done on the part of TPG and they are clearly in breach of contract.
So, whoever you are, be advised that I am determined to get my money back and stop TPG from this fraudulent actions

Regards,

Riezl

We apologise for what happened, @charlesc1c. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help with your concern.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community