TPG Community

Get online support

TPG cancellation experience - 30 days notice

melodyjin
Level 2

I have had poor NBN service with TPG. After 18 months contact ends (19 months now) i choose to go with another provider. However TPG charged me cancellation fee of $63 ! really? pay cancelation fee while in no lock-in contract ? isn't this rediculous? 

I have searched all my email and none of them mentioned this. Is this cancellation 30 days notice consistent across all ISP because i think this should be regulated by the industry. I would like to request  and speak to someone from TPG to waive off the 30 days notice. otherwise i will have to contact ACCC to find a solution.

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @melodyjin ,

When cancelling an account, you are required to provide us at least 30 days notice and the service has to be paid up to the end of the notice period. You may continue to use your service during this time so you do not need to incur any additional charges. The 30 days notice is also included in the terms and conditions https://www.tpg.com.au/terms_conditions/standard.

To better understand the situation, drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@melodyjin wrote:

I have had poor NBN service with TPG. After 18 months contact ends (19 months now) i choose to go with another provider. However TPG charged me cancellation fee of $63 ! really? pay cancelation fee while in no lock-in contract ? isn't this rediculous? 

I have searched all my email and none of them mentioned this. Is this cancellation 30 days notice consistent across all ISP because i think this should be regulated by the industry. I would like to request  and speak to someone from TPG to waive off the 30 days notice. otherwise i will have to contact ACCC to find a solution.

Cinnomon
Level 2

When cancelling an account, you are required to provide us at least 30 days notice and the service has to be paid up to the end of the notice period. You may continue to use your service during this time so you do not need to incur any additional charges. The 30 days notice is also included in the terms and conditions https://www.tpg.com.au/terms_conditions/standard.

THIS IS NOT TRUE. TPG just cut off my service today even if I'm paid until the end of the month (end of notice period). I'm very disappointed because I just paid for a service that I can't even access and I'm not even in a lock in contract.

Angeli

Hi @Cinnomon

If you have provided your preferred cancellation date, then the service will run prior to your requested date of termination. I can definitely check it for you, just shoot me a message. Here's how: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli

workxf
Level 2

similar issue, how about your result?? looks I need ask gccc as well.

Ahra_G

Hi @workxf

We're here to lend a hand and help with any concerns you have regarding your account. Could you shed us some light on how we can better assist you? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

paul84
Level 2
Same thing happened to me after signing onto More NBN (TPG customer since 2011) to get the government flip to Fibre) which TPG doesn't offer. New connection was up & running same day.

Charged $74.99 for not being connected for next 30days.

Would have possibly returned at some point, but not after this & will no longer be recommending TPG after this which I usually do).

Ticket opened with ACCC.
Shane

Hi @paul84 ,

Let us help coordinate this with our accounts team for investigation. As previously stated above, When cancelling an account, you are required to provide us at least 30 days notice and the service has to be paid up to the end of the notice period.

Could you send us a PM with your details?

How to send a PM?

Regards,

Same thing happened to me after signing onto More NBN (TPG customer since 2011) to get the government flip to Fibre) which TPG doesn't offer. New connection was up & running same day.

Charged $74.99 for not being connected for next 30days.

Would have possibly returned at some point, but not after this & will no longer be recommending TPG after this which I usually do).

Ticket opened with ACCC.