TPG Community

Get online support

Transfer of email service problems

tOmOz
Level 3

I have the exact same problem as Ascidian99

When trying to send an email it fails and I get the error "the mail server responded: mf-505: Sender Policy - Relay Denied".

I use a gmail address with Thunderbird.

I have the issue only with my gmail on Thunderbird. Proton mail works fine with Thunderbird.

Shane

Hi @tOmOz ,

Are you using a TPG email when you send an email and get an error message?

Regards,

I have the exact same problem as Ascidian99

When trying to send an email it fails and I get the error "the mail server responded: mf-505: Sender Policy - Relay Denied".

I use a gmail address with Thunderbird.

I have the issue only with my gmail on Thunderbird. Proton mail works fine with Thunderbird.

tOmOz
Level 3

Hi,

No. As I said I use a gmail address.

BasilDV

Hi @tOmOz

Since the issue is with your Gmail, please contact the Google support for further assistance.

BasilDV

tOmOz
Level 3

The issue happens with other email addresses on Thunderbird as well, not only with gmail.

The exact same issue. So I think it's not related to gmail but to TPG and the way the communication is (not) established with TPG SMTP server.

FYI here are my settings:

Server name: mail.tpg.com.au

Port: 587

Connection security: STARTTLS

Auth method: Normal password

Username: xxxxxxx@tpg.com.au

I've always been using these settings without any problem until very recently. Now I have the same issue as  Ascidian99 for ALL my emails addresses on Thunderbird (not only gmail).

I can receive emails but I can't send them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BasilDV

Use the Outgoing mail server of Gmail for your Gmail account.

What's the other email addresses you are using? If it's different from TPG, then you need to use the Outgoing mail server that is set for their domain.

BasilDV

tOmOz
Level 3

Thanks @BasilDV,

I've set up Thunderbird to use Gmail SMTP server with oAuth2 and now it works like a charm  Smiley Happy

BasilDV

That's great!

Have a good day!