TPG Community

Get online support

abolishing the practice of 30-day notice?

hantas912
Level 2

I believe abolishing the practice of giving a 30-day notice is necessary. Recently, when I terminated my long-standing service with TPG after 14 years, I was a bit surprised to learn that I still had to pay for an additional 30 days, despite having switched to another provider.

TPG and other service provider operate on different cables, making it impossible to use both simultaneously. Consequently, once I made the switch, I could no longer utilise TPG's services. For the switch, an NBN Co technician had to physically visit and manually switch the line from TPG to NBN Co cable, a process arranged 2-3 weeks in advance.

I had planned the transition a week ahead to ensure uninterrupted internet access. However, upon contacting TPG on the last day of my billing cycle, I was informed about the additional 30-day charge or another billing cycle, which seemed unnecessary given the circumstances that I can not use the service anymore.

Even if I wanted to postpone my connection with the other service provider within the grace period, it would have been impossible, since the cable connection had been switched out from TPG network cable.

Will forward a feedback to ACCC or other relevant government agency. I am confident that there are other customers who have had similar experiences.

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @hantas912 

Our goal is to sort out things for you right here, so you don’t have to stress about making a complaint.

Just send us a private message with your account details and sort things out for you.