TPG Community

Get online support

email not syncing on windows 10

SOLVED Go to solution
wadja
Level 3

OK. At last. All working fine.

I have TPG addresses in my linked inbox, and now I don't have to press a hundred dismiss buttons to receive from bigpond and others.

(previously, the stalling with TPG accounts stopped my other mail being synced)

Definitely a long time coming to finally get that resolution.

Hope others find this fix sooner than I did.

BasilDV

Great!

Thank you for the update @wadja.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

BasilDV

leslea
Level 2

hi guys 

Im having issues will my new win 10 machine connecting to my TPG email. Ive checked my Sync settings and are able to login to the tpg mail via the tpg my login page.

its still saying 

" We coudnt access this account : l***** , You might need to update you password or give the account permission to sync device."

Im really hoping not to reset my password, if i can aviod this. 

Require your assistance

20200125 tpg mail message.PNGLes

BasilDV

Hi @leslea,

We've checked this issue with other forums and it is a common problem with Windows 10 mail.

Were you able to raise this with Windows support?

Please send us a PM with the screenshot of your email settings for us to analyze.

You may also consider using a different Email client, which is more friendly user. (Example: ThunderBird, Outlook, etc.)

BasilDV

wadja
Level 3

Yes Basil, I had no real issues with Thunderbird or Outlook on my PC. It was just my Win 10 mobile, which I guess is Windows mail. Do you think Les could use a similar fix for PC?

BasilDV

Hi @wadja,

He can try, but we can't confirm if it's going to fix the issue on his end.

He advised us that using ThunderBird seems to work fine compared to Windows Mail.

BasilDV

wadja
Level 3

So perhaps that SSL thing you told me about for the phone could work for PC?. I hope so.

I still can't thank you enough for that, it had been a problem for a couple of years.

jemowens
Level 3

Three days ago I ceased receiving emails on my phone. They are coming in on my computer OK. I have rung TPG and someone is going to ring me back... Why would they just suddenly stop coming in????? My account is IMAP.

BasilDV

Hi @jemowens

Based on your post, there's no issue with your TPG email since it is working on your Computer.

You may try to setup your Email to another phone or try to remove and reconfigure it to the same phone, while waiting for the contact from our Email experts.

Stay safe.

BasilDV

jemowens
Level 3

Thank you BasilDV. I uninstalled Outlook from my phone, then downloaded and installed again. Working fine now. Again, THANK YOU!!