keep email

jcmangia
Level 2

Hi TPG,

As you will no longer support email. I am moving nbn providers, but need to keep my email address for a short period. Is this supported, seeing as you have paid for a years subscription with the messaging company?

8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi @jcmangia ,

How long do you need to keep your TPG email? You can opt-in to transfer your TPG email address to The Messaging Company, then cancel it once you no longer need the email.

The Messaging Company will become your email provider. You won’t need to pay anything to use your TPG email address with The Messaging Company until 15 September 2024.

Regards,

jcmangia
Level 2

Thanks Shane.

I have already opted in with The Messaging Company as per the TPG guidelines timeframe. So to confirm I can continue to use this service (email address) until September 2024, regardless if I move NBN providers.

thanks

BasilDV

Hi @jcmangia 

You need to convert the account as an email only first, before moving to another provider.

This will make sure that you'll continue to use the service without the NBN account with us.

BasilDV

david64
Level 15

@BasilDV . TPG no longer offer email-only conversions. That stopped earlier this year.

As for changing internet provider, can you clear up these 2 points in the Ts & Cs of the transfer:

5. TPG grants you the right to use your current email address, which incorporates one or more domain names owned by TPG (e.g. @tpg.com.au).

6. TPG may withdraw the right for you to use your current email address when you cease acquiring services from TPG or one of our affiliates.

If a user ceases to use TPG and moves to another provider, TPG "may" withdraw the right to use their TPG email address.

So, will TPG or won't TPG?

BasilDV

Right now, if you cancel your nbn service without changing your email account, it will be deleted.  We're  not able to guarantee that this option will always be available in the future. We'll always let you know in advance if there are any changes coming which would affect your email address.

BasilDV

jcmangia
Level 2

Thanks to all.

@BasilDV how do i convert to email only?

BasilDV

You can call our Support Team on 1300 993 011 or send us a private message with your account details and we'll arrange something for you.

BasilDV

jcmangia
Level 2

@BasilDV 

I have sent you a private message, but also attempted as suggested to call 1300993011. The person I spoke with didn't know about TPG email as they are billing only I was advised. They transferred me through to somewhere else and it's been over an hour and 20 minutes in queue and still waiting for someone else to answer. I would apppreciate if you would respond to my private message.

thanks