TPG Community

Get online support

no nbn auto adsl cut telstra hiccup

luber
Level 3

Very cogent reply.  Some additional information.  The adsl sometimes drops out, however, after experimenting, rebooting the TPG supplied modem/router temporarily fixes that.  I've explored all the nbn  maps etc etc several times and I can see an endless sea of nbn coverage for my area.  If I pick on individual properties they all show nbn connection[or availability] except for 1 namely this 1.  This 1 should be connected in about a years time.[nbn info]

Frankly I'm amazed thay several square kilometre are supplied with nbn but 1 property needs 'work'  for a year?  It would be nice to have an idea that a special microplaited cable is being knitted in Scotland. or the ghost of Christmas past was seen on the property.  One would think there must be something special about this place.[apologies, lack of information makes me sarky]

Something you may know - in regards to the HFC, I've been told that this Cu alloy replaces the old deteriorating copper exchange/streetspaths/etc but individual properties are connected to this by the existing links i.e. copper or is each property rewired with HFC?

BasilDV

Hi @luber,

The traditional copper wires will not be utilised on the HFC technology.

NBN Co will install a new line using coaxial cables in order to deliver the DOCSIS (Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications) technology.

Regards,

BasilDV

luber
Level 3

Nice to know nbn will replace the entire copper comms line in the house.

There is a problem.

It will take alomost a year to fix.

What is the problem?

Why will it take so long to fix?

Riezl

Hi @luber, we rely on NBN Co. to deliver this type of service and we don't have control on how fast they complete the additional works required for the service, but we will let you know once your address becomes serviceable by NBN HFC.

luber
Level 3

Hmmm, I think I started off here, predicting that Telstra would say 'we can't do anything about our PMG box unless we're asked'.  NBN would say 'to do anything or respond we can only leave that to the retailers' and the retailer [TPG] says 'we leave it in NBNs capable hands and we will be informed in due course' which information we will pass on, even a year later.

The only thing missing is a Manwell saying "I know noooooothing"  I would have thought somebody would have come up with 'we're waiting  for a special essential frikspon to be designed and woven in Iceland and shipped to Australia, so when the only person who has completed the 17year course in frikspon installation comes back from maternity leave, it will be ready for her to complete the job' plus it's your fault because you allowed a frikspon unfriendly environment to be created in the guise of a concrete box marked PMG.. 

I suppose I'm lucky I'm not in the middle of an High Court challenge on the meaning of 'PMG' and who has the rights to look at it.  Thank you for allowing me to vent with my pathetic attempt at humour although I probably will never know what and why.no matter how many times I ask. 

luber
Level 3

In spite of all the companies involved saying everything is OK & on track, I'm now informed by Telstra that the 'internet' is being turned off tonight [05Nov19]..

Still no idea of what "work" needs to be done and why it wa.s going to take nearly a year. Bit hard to be an optimist. 

Lu

Will

Hi @luber

From what I can tell, the current serviceability date for your address is June 30, 2020. That being said, the serviceability date is subject to change.

Regards,

Will

luber
Level 3

Interesting.  I've just received a phone call from nbn saying they're going to disconnect internet within 24 hours.

The strategy may be if all forms of communication are removed, then nobody receives any complaints

Lu

Ahra_G

Hi @luber

NBN Co has approximate construction times for the network, but as each area of the rollout is unique and comes with distinct obstacles and variables, these time frames are indicative and subject to change.

We will be sure to send notification via mail/email once your address is ready to connect. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

luber
Level 3

I agree with everything you're saying which effectively is 'trust us', and 'well send notification' however, I've received notification from both Testra and nbn they cutting off internet access btonight nand within 24hr respectively.

I have been left clueless about the nature of the 'work' that needs to be done and also clueless why it's going to take a year to do it.  

I'm finding it hard to ignore the possibility I'm getting responses randomly selected from a list   preprepared for possible FAQs.

Lu