TPG Community

Get online support

5G Broadband dropping out

3ntmonty
Level 2
Hi there,

I am in Ryde NSW 2112 and my 5G Broadband has been constantly dropping out since yesterday afternoon ~3pm, up until now. Either it comes back up on its own within a couple of minutes, or I have to turn off the router and turn it back on to get it to connect to the network. I have also now moved the router near a window, but the network is still dropping every couple of minutes.

I have lodged a ticket with TPG support and was told that there were no issues in our area 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m aware of some other users in my area with similar problems.

What’s the go TPG?
11 REPLIES 11
BasilDV

Hi @3ntmonty

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

3ntmonty
Level 2
The “engineer” finally called me back at 6pm today to ask “Where is the modem?”, “Have you tried to move and restart it?” and “What lights are on at the modem?” And then be told “We need to schedule a technician to come to investigate the issue, we will call you to schedule this.” After more than 24 hours of connection drop outs, and the possibility of more time of unreliable network connection. Not happy with this level of service at all.
AlistaireO
Level 2
Wow. We have exactly the same issues. From Ryde as well. And I know 2 other guys in the area having the same issues.

It’s an area wide issue. They need to fix this soon!!
Shane

We understand how important the connection however these questions are part of the troubleshooting. Our Engineers are working around-the-clock to fix the issue, expect new updates when it becomes available.

The “engineer” finally called me back at 6pm today to ask “Where is the modem?”, “Have you tried to move and restart it?” and “What lights are on at the modem?” And then be told “We need to schedule a technician to come to investigate the issue, we will call you to schedule this.” After more than 24 hours of connection drop outs, and the possibility of more time of unreliable network connection. Not happy with this level of service at all.

3ntmonty
Level 2
Please terminate my account effective today. I have signed up with an NBN provider instead.
Shane

We're sad to learn that you're considering to cancel the service, we chased this with our Team, expect them to contact you to discuss details of service termination.

Please terminate my account effective today. I have signed up with an NBN provider instead.

Shane

Hey, AlistaireO. Let us have a look and see the status of the service, could you send us your details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

Wow. We have exactly the same issues. From Ryde as well. And I know 2 other guys in the area having the same issues. 

It’s an area wide issue. They need to fix this soon!!

AlistaireO
Level 2
I’ve already spoke with a rep. All good on my side. Modem is all good. Full signal. Internet drops out every 10 mins or so since yesterday.

For now is seems fine. 2 hours now ok. But only 4g. Full signal. Modem is in window. I usually get full 5g signal.
Shane

Let us monitor the connection for the next 24-48hrs, and in the event that dropouts occur again let us know so we can proceed with the assessment.

I’ve already spoke with a rep. All good on my side. Modem is all good. Full signal. Internet drops out every 10 mins or so since yesterday. 

For now is seems fine. 2 hours now ok. But only 4g. Full signal. Modem is in window. I usually get full 5g signal.