TPG Community

Get online support

5G Home Broadband - Sagemcom Fast 5866T modem - WiFi keeps dropping

Coreypedersen1
Level 2

Im on the gold coast , qld 

Is anyone else having there 5G drop out at random times . Some times restarting modem helps but some times it just comes back on

All the lights are green on the modem and show full signal strength during the dropout , and my phone still shows 5G so the signal is still there 

So is this a issue with modem ... i need help its becoming a major problem 

13 REPLIES 13
Ahra_G

Hi @Coreypedersen1

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

Send in your Customer ID or account number via private message so we can identify what issue you're experiencing. 

Thanks!

Ahra_G

Mkjgharrison
Level 2

Hi, I’m here in Brisbane sharing the same problem explained in this thread. Multiple times dropping out, resorting to mobile hotspot when WFH. This drop out event was once a week previously, now its multiple times a day. Sometimes it reconnects independently, other times it requires switching off 30 seconds then back on. If this was a network issue, would you have more people reporting this issue? I think this 5G modem issued is the source.

Shane

Hi @Mkjgharrison,

Let us take a look at the issue and get this rectify. Could you shoot us a PM with your details so we can proceed with immediate investigation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi, I’m here in Brisbane sharing the same problem explained in this thread. Multiple times dropping out, resorting to mobile hotspot when WFH. This drop out event was once a week previously, now its multiple times a day. Sometimes it reconnects independently, other times it requires switching off 30 seconds then back on. If this was a network issue, would you have more people reporting this issue? I think this 5G modem issued is the source.

DI22
Level 2
I have exactly the same issues I am on my 2nd modem and it drops out multiple times every day My TV connection to the modem is abysmal The lights are at 3 but tv drops out phone drops out pc drops out If I didn't have a phone with Optus I would have zero connection to the internet to run speed tests or login to the modem I am so over this problem There must be a solution I have moved the modem all over the house and it still drops out
Shane

Hi @DI22 ,

Let us help check what causes dropouts to the service and fix this right away. Could you send us a PM with your details to proceed with the initial investigation?

How to send a PM?

Regards,

I have exactly the same issues I am on my 2nd modem and it drops out multiple times every day My TV connection to the modem is abysmal The lights are at 3 but tv drops out phone drops out pc drops out If I didn't have a phone with Optus I would have zero connection to the internet to run speed tests or login to the modem I am so over this problem There must be a solution I have moved the modem all over the house and it still drops out

sapphron
Level 2

Same thing, wifi will drop multiple times a night and I can't figure out how to change my NAT type from strict. Any help would be appreciated as it's getting pretty frustrating haha

Angeli

Hi @sapphron

Welcome to TPG Community! 

Does it only happens during night time? I'd like our tech team to give you a ring when the dropping of connection happens so as to determine as to what is causing it. Send me a PM with your TPG customer ID and I will take it from there. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli

justinl
Level 2

Hi @Angeli,

I have the same issue. May I know how this can be fixed? What settings of the modem do I need to change? Thanks.

Regards,

Justin

Shane

Hi @justinl ,

What devices are affected by the dropouts? Could you tell us more about your experience and flick me a message with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi @Angeli,

I have the same issue. May I know how this can be fixed? What settings of the modem do I need to change? Thanks.

Regards,

Justin