TPG Community

Get online support

New NBN100 with FTTP upgrade keeps dropping out throughout the day

Jingable
Level 2

Hi,

I have recently signed up for the NBN100 internet plan and have received the FTTP fibre upgrade. Unfortunately this service appears to drop out multiple times throughout the day (even accentuated after the fibre upgrade), with drop outs causing no access to internet or very very slow internet and lasting anywhere from a few to 10 minutes. Restarting modem seems to fix the issue however I don't want to be restarting the modem several times a day due to drop outs.

Does anyone else experience this and is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
alanguide
Level 7

That's a worry! I have conversion to FTTP coming up, which I am hoping will cure my drop outs which I assumed to be copper (joints) based.

The other side of the coin (I am still on FTTN til 19th) is that the modem  seems to right itself wthout rebooting *sometimes*!

And as a final thought, provided the NBN subbie did the installation OK, I would be suspecting the modem. That's where I'll be looking if my drop outs continue post FTTP.

BasilDV

Hi @Jingable 

We'd like to check on what's causing the connection to drop and see what we can do to resolve this.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV