TPG Community

Get online support

5G Home Broadband slows down, needs to be restarted

Keshmax12
Level 2

We have had 5G home broadband for a couple of months, and have a persistent issue - we need to restart the modem several times a week, as the internet speed gets worse and worse until it is restarted.

Images attached but basically:

Our internet speed every day will drop extremely low, and often disconnect devices that are not near the modem. The problem can be solved within about 5 minutes: by doing a modem reset with a pin. 

The problem is, we are having to reset the modem almost every day in order to get the advertised speeds. The modem is clearly faulty, but I don't know how to fix it.

13 REPLIES 13
Shane

Hey, Keshmax12.

Let us fix this issue so you can maximize the performance of the 5G Home broadband connection, could you send us your account details via PM so we can proceed with initial assessment.

Here is how to send a PM - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093.

Regards,

Keshmax12
Level 2
Hi Shane, apologies but that link doesn’t seem to be working
Rica_R

Hi @Keshmax12,

Here's the correct link  on how to PM us.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/td-p/4093

We look forward to your message. 

shanaq338
Level 2

same here

BasilDV

Hi @shanaq338

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Is it time specific? Did you notice the light status of the modem/router if it changes every time you experience the problem?

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to check this further.

BasilDV

mclalldo
Level 2

What was the solution to this issue? In the last 3 days my modem has started doing the exact same thing

BasilDV

Hi @mclalldo

We've created an article that may help you improve your home connection.

If you are still experiencing issues, kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

mclalldo
Level 2

Thanks for the reply

I have followed those instructions for the last two days to no avail, although inexplicity today speeds seems back to normal despite doing nothing since the last time speeds were slow (down to 20 Mbps to no internet at all), I'll keep an eye on speeds and if it happens again I'll have to call tech support.

I've had 5g home internet for around 6 months with no issues and nothing has changed with my setup, imo either the modem is playing up and possibly defective now or there is/was issues with the 5g network in my area that tpg was not forthcoming about

Thanks

Mc

BasilDV

This is noted @mclalldo.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV