TPG Community

Get online support

5G Home Broadband very slow

david64
Level 15

@Shane  @BasilDV   This user needs some assistance. 

Shane

Thanks @david64 

Hey, @Joanna2

Could you flick me a message with your details so we can check what causing speed issues on your 5G home broadband connection?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Joanna2
Level 3
Hi Shane,

Please let me know what kind of details you need.

Shane

Hi @Joanna2 ,

Send me a PM with your TPG credentials.

Regards,

Joanna2
Level 3
Thanks for the follow up. I am working with the TPG team and tryi Ng to troubleshoot the 5G broadband slow speed issue.

So far, the broadband router still on 4G (2 yellow lights) connection instead of 5G. I also did the speed test this morning at 8:30am.

https://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/827c32b0-5f1a-11ee-99da-d5b2ae8b8d35
david64
Level 15

@Joanna2 . Do you have a 5G mobile phone or do you know someone who has one? You should check signal strength around your house. You could be in a 5G dead spot. 

Or a kindly neighbour fairly close so they would be served by the same tower as you. Just take Sagemcom and plug it in. See if gets 5G signal.

Joanna2
Level 3

@david64 

Thanks for your response. Seems the signal was still connecting 4G till now, as the signal lights on the 5G model showed the color yellow over the long weekend. Thanks to the TPG technical team giving me a few calls and testing a few things, even the lights remain yellow, and the speed is still not up to the level I expected.

TPG told me they’ll continue to follow up on my case today. Will see how it goes.