TPG Community

Get online support

5G internet connection keeps dropping

SOLVED Go to solution
Sunnie
Level 3
Hi Carfield

I had my modem replaced twice and still had the same problem. I almost gave up and about to disconnect my 5G and as last resort, I tried turning off Wifi enabled stuff at home. Starting from Range Extender, CCTV and Light Bulb. It worked fine after. I have not had the courage to try connecting them back on yet so unsure which one those cause the problem. Been going 2 weeks without any noticable drop outs. Hope it helps. Good luck
BasilDV

Hi @zorawu0102

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation and see what we can do to improve your service.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

coolboystudio
Level 2

It is a common issue when you use Sagemcom 5G modem. If you change Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway3 modem, your internet will be stable forever.

TPG used to assign Nokia modem, but now TPG doesn't. This is because TPG has free Sagemcom modem for collaborate of promotion with Sagemcom. TPG does not want to ship you Nokia modem anymore. TPG internet, therefore, drops out at least 4 times everyday and I have restart at least 4 times everyday. TPG's customer service representative Ms Rosalyn is very stubborn. TPG's previous shipping team promised to ship me Nokia modem, but Rosalyn refused to ship me Nokia modem. The internet experience in TPG is the worst in Australia, followed by Telstra. Optus is the best in quality internet, because Optus uses Nokia modem.

Vodafone's internet is better than TPG, albeit Vodafone is a branch company of TPG. TPG's Rosalyn said TPG and Vodafone uses the same signal towers, but Vodafone said TPG and Vodafone use different signal towers. After trying Vodafone, the dropping out times of Vodafone are less than TPG.

Therefore, for stability, Optus 5G is number one, Vodafone is followed. TPG is the worst.

Don't trust TPG's advertisement. TPG said the first month is free of charge, but TPG still charges you. I lodged a dispute with TIO.

coolboystudio
Level 2

It is a common issue when you use Sagemcom 5G modem. If you change Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway3 modem, your internet will be stable forever.

TPG used to assign Nokia modem, but now TPG doesn't. This is because TPG has free Sagemcom modem for collaborate of promotion with Sagemcom. TPG does not want to ship you Nokia modem anymore. TPG internet, therefore, drops out at least 4 times everyday and I have restart at least 4 times everyday. TPG's customer service representative Ms Rosalyn is very stubborn. TPG's previous shipping team promised to ship me Nokia modem, but Rosalyn refused to ship me Nokia modem. The internet experience in TPG is the worst in Australia, followed by Telstra. Optus is the best in quality internet, because Optus uses Nokia modem.

Vodafone's internet is better than TPG, albeit Vodafone is a branch company of TPG. TPG's Rosalyn said TPG and Vodafone uses the same signal towers, but Vodafone said TPG and Vodafone use different signal towers. After trying Vodafone, the dropping out times of Vodafone are less than TPG.

Therefore, for stability, Optus 5G is number one, Vodafone is followed. TPG is the worst.

Don't trust TPG's advertisement. TPG said the first month is free of charge, but TPG still charges you. I lodged a dispute with TIO.

My CCTV suffers from frequent drop outs.

jderpytwo5g
Level 2

Hi There, 

I am having the same issue again. TPG replaced the modem months ago, but the problem continues. I find myself needing to restart the modem daily just to maintain a stable internet connection for my remote work. The constant drop in the internet's reliability is causing significant disruptions. Could you please provide assistance? Thank you.

BasilDV

Hi @jderpytwo5g

When the connection drops out, did you notice the light status of the modem/router if there's any changes?

Have you tried to relocate it near a window, but not directly getting a sunlight?

Just send us a private message with your account details and we'll check it further.

BasilDV

ssduncomb
Level 2
We have been getting this issue now too. 😔
BasilDV

Hi @ssduncomb 

Have you tried some troubleshooting listed here:

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

ssduncomb
Level 2
Ho, yes tried all that.
Thanks
BasilDV

If there's no improvement, then we may need to get our Tech Team involved.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV