TPG Community

Get online support

5G speed and constant drop out

richiekay78
Level 2

I have been recently migrated from NBN to 5G.

We started experiencing frequest drop outs with wired and wireless connection. In addition, the internet speed is higher than the NBN but no where near what 5G promisses. On the same device, i barely get 200Mbps on 5G but can get up to 450Mbps on 4G (Optus)

- The moden is near the Window

- There are no buildings around my house that could be affecting it

- The device has been rebooted

- And when testing the speed, I am sitting right under the modem

Can you please advise what i can do to get a better speed and most importantly better stability

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hey, richiekay78.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, let us help and get to the bottom of this. Send us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time so we can have our Technical Team to contact you for real-time test and investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

We started experiencing frequest drop outs with wired and wireless connection. In addition, the internet speed is higher than the NBN but no where near what 5G promisses. On the same device, i barely get 200Mbps on 5G but can get up to 450Mbps on 4G (Optus)

Can you please advise what i can do to get a better speed and most importantly better stability

Shane

Hello, richiekay78

We have not yet received your details, feel free to update this thread in the event that you require further assistance. 

Regards,