TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL 2+ Connection in Botany extremely slow

VLuong
Level 2
Over the past few weeks my internet speed has become slower and slower, both download and upload speeds as well as ping time. After the storm last night, whereby service was list for a few hours, the speed is now even worse. At best I am getting 1.2 Mbps down and 0.01 up as opposed to an average of around 7mbps down and 0.75 Mbps up which is still very poor.

Please, can someone look into this. I have tried calling support but can never get through even after being on the line for more thank 30 mins.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
bernie0114
Level 2

I experienced similar slower speeds a few months ago, also after a thunder storm. Syncing 8000 mbps as opposed to 22000 mbps. Did some extensive testing through the phone with Support and had a technician come out.

There was some errosion on my phone socket, but turns out the issue was with my modem all along. After ordering a replacement (of the same model) - back to 22000 mbps again Smiley Happy

Would recommend you try with a separate modem if possible and see if your milage varies. I didn't believe storms could affect modems but this really was the case. If a separate modem yields similar results, might be your phone line/connection/socket etc.

BasilDV

Hi @VLuong,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and have run some remote test. We've detected a fault on the line, but can't verify if it's internal or external wiring.

Please shoot me a private message with your preferred time and best number to be contacted and I'll arrange a call from our Tech team to look into it further.

Don't know how to send a PM? Click here.

Kind regards,

BasilDV