TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL+2 slow downloading

Toycrane
Level 2

Few days ago i have been experiencing slow internet speed and still am. i have adjusted my modem router to  "ADSL+2" from "auto" in the dsl mode. i have done some speed tests and i'm getting about 4.6mbps for download speed and approx 500kbps when actually downloading. I was getting download speeds at approx 600-800kbps prior to the sudden slow internet speed. Just wondering was my internet adjusted to ADSL 1 from tpg's side or could it be something else?

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @Toycrane 

Thanks for raising this with us.

We checked the connection and the modem is getting a good sync speed with 7.4 Mbps Downstream and 1.02 Mbps Upstream. We don't change the configuration of your service, it is still ADSL2+.

Are you using a WiFi or a Wired connection?

The actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG. Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

We've created some article that may help you with some troubleshooting. Link: Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home, Slow speed issue.

BasilDV