TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL Dropping Out. Connection speed <1MBPS. Multiple Tech Tickets

Jdrizzle
Level 3

My ADSL service has deteriorated in recent months. Since July I have had 3 tickets with the Tech Ops Team, to resolve the constant drop outs and deteriorating speeds. Speedtest is consistently below 1MBPS.
My current ticket is #xxxx
This is forcing 2 people to use mobile data, for which we are exceeding our monthly caps. This is a financial issue, as we are paying for a faulty service, and paying to replace it with mobile service.
The last conversation with the Tech Ops team I was offered two options:
1. Accept the deterioration of service.
2. Cancel my service.
Neither of these are acceptable.
I would like this issue escalated please.

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @Jdrizzle,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using the ticket number that you've provided.

We've reviewed the account and learned that our Engineering team concludes that this is the best service that we could provide as all of the possible resolutions has been done, but the issue still remains.

Even changing the copper line was already done, but still no improvement. We are afraid that this is already a copper network limitation.

I will arrange a call from our Engineering team to discuss this further. Please shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Jdrizzle
Level 3
Hi @BasilDV,
Thank you for your response. However, I do not accept that this is the "best service" you can provide. Prior to these tickets being placed, I received continuous service, averaging 12MBPS. Please check my account details, I have been a customer since 2012, and the service has been reliable until recently, coinciding with the replacement of the power pole that our line connects to, and the commencement of NBN rollout in the area.
The copper line has not been changed. The Telstra technician attended at a time that the line was working, and left without performing any work. The line drop-outs continued shortly after.
It is not acceptable that the line speed has reduced from 12MBPS to <1MBPS, and is now plagued by drop outs, and TPG should not accept that this is the "best service" that you can provide.
Can you please escalate my case.
BasilDV

Hi @Jdrizzle,

We have escalated this with our Engineering team and they'll be in touch within the day.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Jdrizzle
Level 3
Thanks @BasilDV.
I responded to a missed call SMS asking when I would be available to talk, but I have not had any follow up. Can you follow up?
BasilDV

Hi @Jdrizzle,

I understand that your NBN order has been lodged based on your other post.

Do you still need to speak with our Engineering team to discuss the concern with your ADSL2+ service? May I have your preferred time to receive a call?

Kind regards,

BasilDV