TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL disconnected after installation

iwan88
Level 2

I have been using TPG broadband for over 10 years, and this is how they treat me.
I wanted to switch my Telstra telephone service to TPG and make a ADSL bundle. I have 2 ADSL installed before, one is at upstairs corridor, the another is at downstairs corridor. Somehow TPG required me to make an appointment for installation, I did.

The contracted technician came to my house yesterday, he asked me where the main socket is located, I don't know and he said it is generally downstairs, so I brought him to the socket at downstairs, he used a screwdriver to open the socket and took a look, he said it is not the main socket, after that the downstairs socket lost connection. He finally found the main socket which is in a upstairs bedroom and it is just behind the old socket, he installed the new line to that socket without asking me.

After the installation, I found the internet downstairs was disconnected, so I asked the technician why is it happening, he claimed that he didn't do anything to the old lines, and he did everything very carefully, and he can't do anything because he was not responsible for that socket and he didn't receive any info about the line of that socket, he said I should make another appointment to TPG.

I made a phone to TPG just now, the technical support tried to connect the socket but failed, and she said their responsibility is to keep 2 lines working, since I have 2 ADSL services. Therefore, the only solution is to hire a private technician in order to fix it.

First of all, why do I need a new line then? I already had 2 working lines in my house, and I just wanna transfer my telephone to TPG, why would I need a new line installation. I need my downstairs ADSL connected because of the coverage of WiFi, who needs 2 sockets are both at upstairs?

They caused the disconnection and they are not willing to be responsible for it.

8 REPLIES 8
BasilDV

Good day @iwan88,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your 2 accounts and would like to arrange a call from our Senior technician to look into it to understand the situation. Please shoot me a private message of your preferred time and best number to be contacted. We need you to be on the premises to help them with some test.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Hi @iwan88,

Our Tech team was trying to call you yesterday, but you were unreachable. We really want to help resolve this matter. Please shoot me a private message with your preferred time and best number to be contacted for them to try again.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Good day @iwan88,

Just doing a follow up. Our Tech team was trying to contact you again yesterday, but you were unreachable. They will try again today to help us with your concern. Please let us know should you have any preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

iwan88
Level 2

My issue still hasn't get fixed.

I have been on the phone to TPG technical support multiple times, every time they called me, I had to explain my situation again and again, and I got different answers(sometimes they said it is impossible to have 2 internets in one house, or they are not responsible for it).

Finally, a technician from Telstra showed up this morning, I told him the issue was about my downstairs socket, I wanted to move the line from the socket in my upstairs single room to the downstairs socket(I also told the technical support the same thing as well, they knew it).

The technician first checked my existing lines and found everything was fine, he also did something to the pillar outside my house, and he said that he couldn't do it, he needs information for that socket from TPG, so he told me to call TPG for help and he just left.

After that, I found the line of my upstairs socket got disconnected since he was trying to move the line to downstairs and he forgot to reset my connection.

What kind of communications was that?

TPG sent out a technician and the technician told me to call TPG for help, repeat and repeat.

I called the technician support just now, and they said the engineering department is gonna call me in a few hours, and they will make an appointment with me and send out a technician again. Hopefully this time they can fix my issues.

The following diagram indicates my situation:TPG.jpg

Shane

Hi @iwan88,

I can see that you have been in touch with one of our Engineers and discussed that the service is already working and it is currently connected for 43m and advised that you will have to hire for a private technician to activate the other wall sockets.

TPG is responsible for delivering the Service to the network boundary point at your premises. You are responsible for all cabling and wiring within your premises. Where cabling does not exist or you have a fault with the wiring in your premises, you must arrange for your own contractor to rectify this.

At the moment. We'll have this raised to our Engineering Team and request for urgent feedback tomorrow.

iwan88
Level 2

I checked the configuration page of my modems just now, one of my internets is working fine, the other one is still disconnected.

I understand that I have to pay for activating new sockets and we did that long time ago. But in fact, the sockets had been activated and working fine before the technician came, it's reasonable to believe that he ruined my socket, and now TPG doesn't wanna take the responsibility.

The technician didn't even take a look at the socket.

Riezl

Hi @iwan88, I have reviewed your case and based on what I see here one of the service is now working properly while the other one is currently being coordinated with Telstra. A Telstra technician is set to check the lines outside on or before May 25.

Once both service is working properly, we can discuss further on the socket.

Can you PM me with your personal contact number and time in which we can reach you so I can clarify some things regarding the line config in your house?

Shane

Hi @iwan88,

I can see that one of our Supervisors has been in touch and provided the update regarding the escalated case. At the moment, I don’t have any further updates other than what has already been provided to you. Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates where possible.