TPG Community

Ask, answer and talk about our products

ADSL disconnected after installation

Level 1a

I have been using TPG broadband for over 10 years, and this is how they treat me.
I wanted to switch my Telstra telephone service to TPG and make a ADSL bundle. I have 2 ADSL installed before, one is at upstairs corridor, the another is at downstairs corridor. Somehow TPG required me to make an appointment for installation, I did.

The contracted technician came to my house yesterday, he asked me where the main socket is located, I don't know and he said it is generally downstairs, so I brought him to the socket at downstairs, he used a screwdriver to open the socket and took a look, he said it is not the main socket, after that the downstairs socket lost connection. He finally found the main socket which is in a upstairs bedroom and it is just behind the old socket, he installed the new line to that socket without asking me.

After the installation, I found the internet downstairs was disconnected, so I asked the technician why is it happening, he claimed that he didn't do anything to the old lines, and he did everything very carefully, and he can't do anything because he was not responsible for that socket and he didn't receive any info about the line of that socket, he said I should make another appointment to TPG.

I made a phone to TPG just now, the technical support tried to connect the socket but failed, and she said their responsibility is to keep 2 lines working, since I have 2 ADSL services. Therefore, the only solution is to hire a private technician in order to fix it.

First of all, why do I need a new line then? I already had 2 working lines in my house, and I just wanna transfer my telephone to TPG, why would I need a new line installation. I need my downstairs ADSL connected because of the coverage of WiFi, who needs 2 sockets are both at upstairs?

They caused the disconnection and they are not willing to be responsible for it.

3 REPLIES

Good day @iwan88,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your 2 accounts and would like to arrange a call from our Senior technician to look into it to understand the situation. Please shoot me a private message of your preferred time and best number to be contacted. We need you to be on the premises to help them with some test.

Kind regards,

Hi @iwan88,

Our Tech team was trying to call you yesterday, but you were unreachable. We really want to help resolve this matter. Please shoot me a private message with your preferred time and best number to be contacted for them to try again.

Kind regards,

Good day @iwan88,

Just doing a follow up. Our Tech team was trying to contact you again yesterday, but you were unreachable. They will try again today to help us with your concern. Please let us know should you have any preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,