ADSL2+ Speed Drop

alberto
Level 2

Hi,

I've had ADSL2+ for about 2 months now and its been working well at speeds around 8Mbps or higher. A couple of days ago, however, it dropped to about 2/2.5Mbps average for pretty much all my devices (phone, tablet, PS4), including my hardwired pc.  
Just wondering if there's something I can do to get it back up to 8?

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Good day @alberto,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to pull up your account using your Community details and have run some remote test. We were able to detect a possible fault on the line which needs to be investigated by our Engineering team.

We've escalated the case to them and a possible Telstra technician will be requested to help us rectify the issue. Further updates will be given by them within 24 to 48 hours.

Kind regards,

alberto
Level 2

Hi,

I have again experience a large speed drop. Even the TPG speed test doesnt work as it drops out occasionally.

Is there a way to fix this? 

Regards

Ahra_G

Thanks for reaching out, alberto

I've managed to run remote test on our end and it appears that we will need to perform further troubleshooting to check for any underlying cause of the connection issue. The test would have disconnected the internet but it should come back after 2-3mins. 

If you're home, I can organise a call back to be made from our Technical team for assistance. May I know the most convenient time for you to receive a call? 

Cheers! 

Ahra_G

Good day, alberto

I have refreshed the connection on our end which will result with a disconnection but it should come back after 2-3mins. 

I'll be waiting for your contact details via private message so our Technical Team can assist you if you're still experiencing connection issues. 

Thank you! 

Ahra_G

Hi alberto

I can still see an issue with your current connection. I'll proceed in organising a call back to be made within the day using the mobile number we have on file. Should you have another number and/or another preferred time to be contacted, please do let us know. 

Thank you!