TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ Speed at half rate/slower

hamish0404
Level 2

Hi there, for the last few months adsl2 internet has been slowing down considerably. During the first few months of the plan I was achieving speeds of 900kbs-1mbs but something's switched and after some factory resets and isolation tests the speeds just keep getting gradually slower and slower. I am based in North-West Melbourne. Here's a recent take of my router stats:

Upstream     Downstream
Current Rate (Kbps) 766 | 3545
Max Rate (Kbps) 760 | 4356
SNR Margin (dB) 5.5 | 8.2
Line Attenuation (dB) 25.5 | 37
Errors (Pkts) 0 | 0

Here is a tpg speedtest result:

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/785fdd50-f94c-11e9-96f6-3990f073a33b

Any more info needed please let me know

11 REPLIES 11
Will

Hi @hamish0404

Welcome to the Community!

For us to better understand what's affecting your connection speed, we need to check your account. We tried to pull up a record using your community details, but we're unable to find any match. Can you send us a PM with your customer ID or username together with your service address?

For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Riezl

Hi @hamish0404, thanks for providing the account details via PM. We have checked the status of your connection and we are detecting a possible line fault affecting the speed, but we'd like to make sure.

We'll be needing your help in performing further troubleshooting. Are you at home now?

hamish0404
Level 2
Yes at home.

Thanks
Riezl

Is the modem directly connected to the telephone socket, no splitter? How many telephone sockets do you have?

hamish0404
Level 2
The modem was connected through a splitter, but connecting it straight into the wall socket also warrants the same speeds. There's another wall socket but it's optus branded, and I don't believe it worked last time I tried it. I'll try it again now.
Riezl

Hi @hamish0404, please disconnect everything completely out of the telephone socket and let us know once done so we can run the test. We'll advise you when to reconnect it. Thank you.

hamish0404
Level 2
Yep, can't establish any connection through that socket.
hamish0404
Level 2
Everything disconnected.
Riezl

Thanks @hamish0404. Please reconnect everything back to its original set up while we assess the test results.