TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ Speed in Glen Iris

melandtim77
Level 2

My speed at Glen Iris is so low. The last five days I've not seen it rise above 4/0.8. That is a total one-off speed test too, majority are returning barely 1/0.8.

Is there some kind of outage in this area that hasn't been discovered? Do not understand what could cause such issues.

It seem to jump up and down all over the place and even weirder be SLOWER during 10am-2pm than any other time. I've written in an enquiry and a complaint as I'm out of ideas for testing stuff at home; cabling, power cycling, disconnecting devices that are heavy on downloads etc.

Apart from trying a new modem I don't know what to do.

Thanks

Tim

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Good day @melandtim77,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We've managed to locate your account using your community details and seen that the case was already being handled by our Customer relations team.

We've seen that your modem is getting a good sync speed to 7077 Kbps Downstream and 1020 Kbps Upstream. Given that you are about 2562 meters away from the local exchange.

If you are using a WiFi connection, you can improve your connection with this steps.

I will chase this also with your complaints resolution case manager to contact you within the day.

Kind regards,