ADSL2+ dropout

ghgr
Level 2

For the past few weeks we've been experiencing intermittent dropout and or massively degraded speed. Reboot/reconnect of modem occasionally results in a temporary minor improvement.

Today it's even worse and unusable. 

Current down speed 3719kbps (max rate 9756kbps)

Errors: down 3302 pkts, up 1117 pkts

Previously this has been identified as an issue with Telstra cabling and a Telstra technician has come to fix (not very well). 

Can we please request you check our service ASAP. We are working from home due to Covid-19 lockdown and need internet!

Thanks

Graham 

Username ghgr

8 REPLIES 8
David_M

Hi @ghgr 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @ghgr 

I have checked your ADSL2+ service on our systems and could see a lot of drop outs a few days ago.

One of our tests on our systems is failing, but it may be someone with your setup.

Can you check for dialtone at your modem socket?

Can you unplug all other phones/equipment/filters and just plug your modem direct to the socket.

If it doesnt fix anything after a few hours, let me know.

Regards,

David_M

ghgr
Level 2

Hi David_M

Thanks for your reply. I switched to ADSL2 yesterday to try to get a steadier connection and have just switched back to ADSL2+ this morning. At the moment the speed has returned to normal 👍 but there is still a massive number of errors. I'll monitor performance today and see if drop outs continue. 

There are no other devices connected to the phone socket and we don't have a handset to test the dial tone. 

Previously a technician has attended and done work on Telstra cabling into/on the property to try to fix dropouts.

ghgr
Level 2

Ok, after 10hours of monitoring the connection the situation is even worse. Continual dropouts, and when there is a connection the speed is erratic, usually very slow e.g. 0.5Mbps (!), and thousands of errors per minute.

We are now relying on our 4G tethering to continue to work from home.

Cam we please request a ticket be opened to have a technician attend and investigate.

Thanks

ghgr
Level 2

7 hours later and we wake to find the connection is suddenly rock solid for the first time in weeks. Good speed and 0 errors. 

Will continue to monitor

ghgr
Level 2

Intermittent all week.

It just started raining again and within 15 minutes the connection has dropped out.

Please open a ticket with Telstra to have the line physically investigated. There is either water in the street pit or further up the line.

David_M

Hi @ghgr 

I have created a fault ticket for our engineers to investigate and someone should contact you in 24-48hrs.
I have PMed you your fault reference number.

Regards,
David_M

ghgr
Level 2
Great, thanks @David_M