TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ speed & connection/ TPG urging a change to NBN !

coogeeboy
Level 2

I was browsing this forum earlier this evening & seen a post where it sees TPG are saying 1.1 MBs is normal speed for ADSL2+ and I thought what bull**! 

UP until Saturday 16th March I was regulalry getting between 12 & 15 mbs on wi fi in my home, since then, my internet has been off ! I have made numerous telphone calls to TPG , all to no avail,!

I keep getting the same old answer, "our engineers are assesing the case"

What TPG are actually doing is absolutely NOTHING, they know that my building is in line to receive the NBN apx 18th April, they have suggested on more than one occasion that I now apply for TPG NBN service, this was suggested to me by a so called technician last week , AFTER a TPG technician had called to my home on 21st March & informed me  that the fault lay in my wall socket connection which he then changed at a cost of $44!!

So we then test the line , NO internet or very very very slow connextion  so slow that I cannot even get a speed test up or open a page! I've rang TPG virtually every day for the past ten days, its a waste of time, they have stated , "there is noise on the line/ there is interference/ they are implying that the line is at fault, 

Ok, the original lines were / are supplied by Telstra, but TPG have done absoluytely nothing to my knwoledged to contact Telstra to actually come to my building again & check the lines.

I have done a line test & yes there is crackling on the line , but TPG are doing nothing to rectify, TPG are ignoring my complaints  becuse they think in three weeks I will change over my contract to TPG NBN

Think again TPG , your actions & service is disgusting, I wll certainly be looking at my options in 3 weeks time, 

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @coogeeboy,

I note that you've commented on this thread.

The explanation for the speed was for the Upload/Upstream sync which is different from the Download/Downstream sync.

I understand that you were contacted by one of our Engineers and was advised that the noise on the line is uncontrollable and we are unable to identify if where is it coming from.

Our Engineers can request for your service to be transferred to a different line, but it may take 10 to 20 working days to complete.

We note that they've provided you option since the NBN service will be available by this coming Month and you've advised that you'll be in touch with our Engineers on Monday with your decision.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV