TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ speeds halved

SOLVED Go to solution
Gpro
Level 3

I used to sync at around 14Mbps and now my line only syncs at around 5Mbps. I have changed nothing on my end, everything is exactly the same. What I did notice was NBN techs in the street pulling line through the pits a week or so ago. Is it normal for speed to halve once the NBN starting playing with things? It's FTTC here so they must be playing with the copper lines.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @Gpro

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and was able to run a test.

We've noticed the low sync that the modem was getting, but we've refreshed your line and it appears that the sync speed is back to normal.

Please check your connection and let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BasilDV

Hi @Gpro

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and was able to run a test.

We've noticed the low sync that the modem was getting, but we've refreshed your line and it appears that the sync speed is back to normal.

Please check your connection and let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

Gpro
Level 3

Any chance of doing that refresh thing again? Currently getting:

DSL Status
Up
DSL Uptime
1 day 6 hours 44 minutes 36 seconds
DSL Type
ADSL_2plus
DSL Mode
Interleaved
Maximum Line rate
0.59 Mbps 4.99 Mbps
Line Rate
0.57 Mbps 4.74 Mbps
Output Power
12.7 dBm 0 dBm
Line Attenuation
34 dB 36 dB
Noise Margin
6.1 dB 6.1 dB
BasilDV

Hi @Gpro

Before attempting the troubleshooting steps, TPG recommends that you:

1. Check our Service Status at https://www.tpg.com.au/servicestatus

2. "Power cycle" your ADSL modem. This means turning your modem off and waiting for one minute before turning it back on again. This allows your modem to reestablish connection to our server.

If you are still unable to connect to the Internet, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: https://www.tpg.com.au/support/problems_connect_internet.php

An article was created that will guide you on how to troubleshoot a slow speed issue.

BasilDV

Gpro
Level 3
Thanks, I have done all the steps multiple times. Why when the first time I had the issue tpg could fix it but not this time? My sync speeds have not changed.
Gpro
Level 3

On the weekend my speeds went back to normal now I have no connection at all, i.e. no signal on the line. What is going on with my connection? I have changed nothing in the house.

Can this be fixed please??

DSL Status   NoSignal
Gpro
Level 3

So I call the support phone number and just get told by automated message, too bad, too busy can't help and they hang up. What kind of service is this?? So fed up with tpg.

Gpro
Level 3
I got a hold of tech support who said they would pass to engineering with a resolution in 24hrs, well I still have no internet. My employer has now asked me to work from home but I have no internet. Can TPG please look at this with some urgency?
Gpro
Level 3

Rang tech support again, no help. I get nothing other than we are looking at it. Come on can I get some sort of urgency here? Tpg obviously just don't care, it's just a best effort service and if you get internet then great, if not then oh well tough.

NBN will be here in a month, I'll change ISP because if there's an issue I've leraned that tpg simply don't care. It's been great talking to myself on this community forum though, awesome work guys.

Luckily Telstra has been nice enough to give me unlimited 4G, at least they are acting like they care.

Gpro
Level 3

How do you cancel tpg? I need another provider. In the meantime I have raised a complaint with the TIO.